Eurovelo 1 - London to Cork - Bicycle adventure [4k]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobCyclist

Hey people, if you happen to be interested; I've just edited a video of this years London to Cork trip, that I cycled in late September. Linked below.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdPcpb4UQHc

The route went; London, Oxford, Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, Fishguard -- Ireland- Rosslare Harbour, Waterford and then to Cork. I have a map of the journey at the start.

I went along the Eurovelo 1 cycle route, that just got realised in Ireland this year. And I cycled NCN cycle route 4 in the UK. Along the south wales coast (amazing scenery), the ridgeway (great offload track, and the oldest road in the UK) & the kennet and avon canal towpath.

I had a bit of a nightmare in Ireland, I lost my wallet for about an hour. I went to pay for some food at supermarket and couldn't find it. I retraced my steps, and found it on a beach near where I camped the night before, the tide was also coming in so I felt very lucky to have that back.... Without the wallet I would have no money in a foreign country... wasn't good.

But other than that, had a great time. Met some great people in the hostels.

Hope you enjoy the vid if you watch & happy to answer any questions if you had any

Cheers,
Rob

Last edited:

nickr

Über Member
Really great video, I would love to have done that ride. Did you travel alone? how did you get those shots of yourself?

OP
OP
R

RobCyclist

Really great video, I would love to have done that ride. Did you travel alone? how did you get those shots of yourself?

Thank you :smile: I traveled alone yes, I think that's the best way of travelling less hassle but does get boring at times.

And I got those shots by buying a mini tripod on amazon. This is the one; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Flexi...5925&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=tripod+gopro&psc=1

Then I attached my gopro to it, the tripod has a standard camera adapter so you can use any camera on it and then I set it up somewhere to film and cycle in a direction come back turn it off and then repeat somewhere where the scenery is nice. Does get a bit tedious having to always cycle back but i think it makes for a more interesting video. And I use sony vegas to edit it, so sometimes I will zoom in and that it does on a program afterwards.

Thank you. Rob.

Last edited:

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Just stumbled into this, great video and some excellent shots, and Mrs Hedgemonkey would like to know what is the music for the UK side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom