Ever amazed by your own stupidity?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I'd have been rather worried as to why there were so many worms in the mash tun personally...
Adds favour. You don't know about the flat rats going onto the mash tun having passed through the grain mill rollers?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The stick was in case it got stuck and would break without causing any damage to the mechanism. Instructions were emphatic - NEVER use your fingers to clear any blockage. We ended up with 2 employees minus the tips of fingers who could not resist what they thought was the easy option.:angry:

I once used a mandolin to slice an onion without the little device to hold what one's slicing. My wife was a little sympathetic.............

the time I used the mandolin to slice a cabbage without the little device she asked "Are you feckin' stupid or what."

I'm no longer amazed by my own stupidity........:laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
Well today I dropped my mobile and have shattered the glass,it seems I am lucky the 24 month contract finishes soon so we are both getting replacements anyway.I once poured nitromors on a bonfire to give it a start,doh.A grey smoke enveloped me cut off the air,I threw myself backwards on to the lawn to escape.

I once got my tie caught in the office shredder. My neck was being pulled towards the machine. I know I wouldn't have gone through but it could have broken my neck. Fortunately my yells were heard and someone hit the emergency stop - that was beyond my reach.
My tie was hung up over the machine as a warning.
Yep. Done that too. Our shredder had a “touch safety” so that stopped it luckily as I was alone in the office at the time.

The galling thing is, if you NEEDED to put a piece of dangling swinging fabric through a 5mm gap first time, you wouldn’t be able to do it 🙄

Tenkaykev

Guru
I once made bread in a bread machine without adding the water.

Surprisingly, the house didn't catch fire.
I did the same, and remember it had a strange smell🤔

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Yeah. Today I was weighing out some industrial goop from a mixing bowl into some plastic pots so I'd get approximately 500g in each one and the first pot I did wasn't going quite as I expected. I had the bowl and the pots on the balance at once.

Also once I made chickpea curry and forgot to put the chickpeas in.

KneesUp

Guru
Just don't do the jacket potato for 89 minutes.

An old microwave we had was a dial - I actually prefer it for speed, than our 'digital one'. Except the dial 'stuck'. Black smoking spuds.
The dials always have 5 minutes in about 5 degrees of movement so you can't time anything properly. I just crank the one at the office to 'way more than I need' and get my phone to time it - the dials are useless.

We had a worm conveyor for the residue from the mash tun. This was fed by a rotating "finger" which took about one second to go round. This sometimes got clogged up and had to be cleared by using a bit of stick which was kept handy. The stick was in case it got stuck and would break without causing any damage to the mechanism. Instructions were emphatic - NEVER use your fingers to clear any blockage. We ended up with 2 employees minus the tips of fingers who could not resist what they thought was the easy option.:angry:
Which distillery/brewery out of interest?

Well today I dropped my mobile and have shattered the glass,it seems I am lucky the 24 month contract finishes soon so we are both getting replacements anyway.I once poured nitromors on a bonfire to give it a start,doh.A grey smoke enveloped me cut off the air,I threw myself backwards on to the lawn to escape.

SWMBO has a SIM-only contract with Smarty. £9 a month for unlimited calls and texts and 30Gb data. She needed a new phone (battery was worn out) and it was cheaper to buy a new iPhone 12 handset from John Lewis than take out a 24/36 month contract for a replacement handset.

Top Bottom