Exciting times....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Unfortunately Olaf is no longer with us. A couple of weeks ago he developed a slight limp, the vet thought he may have strained a knee ligament and prescribed anti-inflamatories and rest, but the limp only got worse, and he stopped being his usual self, but never really complained or lost his happy, smiling idiot face :smile:

He went for an x-ray on monday, and they found a large tumour on his leg. He spent Monday night at home with the family and our other newer greyhound Ivy (you were right @Saluki they are addictive), and was put to sleep peacefully yesterday morning.

I know losing them is an inevitable consequence of pet ownership, but this came out of the blue, after only 6 months. Cancers a bastard....
I am so sorry for your loss as @Fab Foodie said we now have Basil in our lives and I couldn't imagine a moment without him now. He fell in the dyke on our walk yesterday and my heart was in my mouth thinking all sorts of things.
You were able to give him such a loving home for his last month's. Hugs to Ivy as she must be missing him terribly x

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
:sad:

:hugs:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Sorry for your loss. But, he had a nice home for the final 6 months, and letting him go is the right thing to do. I dread the day my 2 (Shepherd Husky X and Collie Lurcher X) go, but will console myself on having given them both loving homes for what I hope will be a long time, and I couldn't bear the thought of them being in pain.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am so sorry about your sad ending. Dogs give you so much love and happiness it is always tragic when they go, especially from that horrible disease.

Top Bottom