F**k it List

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Wales. Feck that.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Watching ball sports including Rugby World Cup and especially football. Feck that.
Disneyland. Feck that.
Going to religious ceremonies. Feck that, my idea of a Supreme being is Diana Ross.

Reading through an entire thread (yes even if it's only four pages) to check I'm not repeating anyone. Feck that.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I love this thread and some of the answers chime with mine.

My wife wants to go on Safari, wants to go to China, wants to go to India. My response? I'm not stopping you. I could not be aerosoled (sp) in the slightest to do any of those. If I never step on another aeroplane for the rest of my life, it would improve things for me.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Run a marathon. I've done a couple of half marathons and at the finish line -without thinking -had exactly same thought: "I'd have to do that all over again to run a full marathon, no way!". At one time I harboured a thought I'd love to run a marathon and tick it off the bucket list as an achievement.. I'm now too overweight and with the wisdom of age realize I really don't mind if I don't and I'd rather save my knees.
The biggest regret of my life? Running marathons! I really wish I hadn't done them now and had stuck to between 5 kilometres and half marathon.

pawl

Legendary Member
This is the antedote to The Bucket List i.e. Things to do before you die.

My wife says that I'm grumpy. Well I'm more than grumpy I'm a total ars*ole. and I'm making a list of all the things I'm definitely not going to do before I die.
Number 1. I'm not going to join the Mile High club. I had a German girlfriend when I lived in Germany for a few years who was amazing and I thought she might be up for it but she declined the invitation. Not even remotely interested now. Everything about flying is so stressful that I've even stopped flying.

Mile high club.I get a nose bleed standing on a chair.

Quinoa, dogging and watching anything with Simon Cowell in it.
Quinoa is quite nice actually. Can't comment on the other two.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Number 4. I'm not going to write a book. Some years ago I met up with an old work mate and when he found out that I was retired he said great that means you can write a book. He went on to say that when he retired he had plans to write 2 books. Had he ever written anything before? Nope. So what is this book going to be about? Now you are supposed to write about something you know about or can research. if I was going to write a book it would have to be fiction because I know nothing about anything. A novel where the main character is an anti hero. Sounds a bit like me. Nah I'm too humble to write about myself, I'll leave that to others.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Angkor Wat
The Pyramids

Why go to places that are as crowded as the Hilary Step on Everest, or Kings Cross Station on a Friday evening, FFS?

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Number 5. I'm not going to get a tattoo.
1572597218959.png

If I was going to get a tattoo then it would have to make a real statement, like the guy in the photo. Once you've got it though, then that's it. A bit like which football team you support. It's for life through good and bad. The stats show that its the millennials who are the most likely to have a tattoo, something like 4 in 10 of them have one tattoo and half of those have another 2-5. But there maybe a ticking time bomb in that you can suffer allergic reactions immediately, within days, weeks or even years. Evidently the most problem is with yellow and red ink; mainly Red.

Some of them can be very attractive, and if you want, you can leave the skin to somebody in your will. Nah if my wife had a choice it would be something more useful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Time for Number 6. I'm not going to go sky diving/ Bungee jumping.

It's a human instinct to pull back from the edge of a steep cliff. Or to not walk across a glass floored bridge connecting two tall buildings. We are not supposed to throw ourselves out of aeroplanes or off of high platforms with a rope around our ankles. Plus I don't know how to pack a parachute. For all I know the guy packing my parachute might have had a bad day. His wife may have left him. His dog might have just died. The rope could break. No chance I like my destiny in my own hands. Keep control.

Last edited:
Top Bottom