Facebook post blood boiling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
No, read it a few more times, get really, really angry, then march round to see them for a chat.

Agreed - sudden, unexpected and overwhelming violence leaves a more effective impression. :laugh:

subaqua

What’s the point
Facebook, the platform where keyboard warriors live in glass houses and still throw stones.
Chances are your family member would probably never repeat their posted statement to your face or they might even laugh it off and say it was done in jest. Take no notice of them.
Nah all forums. Sadly.

Apparently I am a pavement riding , on road weaving, red light jumping scumbag with no lights that blind everybody because they are too bright.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's human nature - people feel safe when everyone is the same as them and can point at another group as being other than them. This reinforces their sense of belonging to the group.

Look at us, we drive cars, we like the same tv programmes, we think debt is a good idea - look at those cyclists aren't they weird? They're not like us!
This is why I would suggest that unfriending them is a bad idea. We need to surround ourselves with people we don't agree with and who challenge our thinking, otherwise we just become isolationist and hostile. Unfriending would just amplify the effect you describe, both for the OP and their antagonist.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Never been on farcebook and never felt the need to gossip about my private affairs.

I'm beginning to suspect that Trump will be the first ever president to be indicted or even prosecuted as a consequence of his own verbal incontinence on social media. The fat oaf just can't keep his gob shut.

AndyRM

XOXO
This is why I would suggest that unfriending them is a bad idea. We need to surround ourselves with people we don't agree with and who challenge our thinking, otherwise we just become isolationist and hostile. Unfriending would just amplify the effect you describe, both for the OP and their antagonist.

You don't have to.

You can "unfollow" a friend so you don't see their pish, but you remain "friends".

Even if you did unfriend them, unless they trawl through their friend list all the time they'd almost certainly not find out.

david k

Hi
It's human nature - people feel safe when everyone is the same as them and can point at another group as being other than them. This reinforces their sense of belonging to the group.

Look at us, we drive cars, we like the same tv programmes, we think debt is a good idea - look at those cyclists aren't they weird? They're not like us!
.......Let's all point at them together .........

david k

Hi
I use Facebook, don't post a lot and try to clear my friends every now and then.
It's good when you're working away for keeping in touch with friends and family
I don't post anything personal
I clear all my groups every now and then, normally at the start of the year, problem with groups is I see the nonesense typed and jump in, only to find I've wasted far too much time with idiots

It's good if you control your own use

winjim

Smash the cistern
You don't have to.

You can "unfollow" a friend so you don't see their pish, but you remain "friends".

Even if you did unfriend them, unless they trawl through their friend list all the time they'd almost certainly not find out.
So what's the point in that? I'm suggesting that the OP should be able to see what they've written, and should attempt to start a calm, reasonable dialogue about it.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Put a reply saying you're upset that they're asking people to attack you and that more motorists jump red (it's about the same proportion and there are more motorists in absolute numbers) and are much more dangerous, then take it from there if they engage. They may just delete their stupidity.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Diplomacy I guess? I get what you're saying, but if reading something is upsetting the OP so much then it's best not bothering with.
It does depend on the particular relationship they have with that person I suppose. Ignoring them might be the best way to avoid a family row.

Top Bottom