Facebook post blood boiling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Read it again and again, let the rage build and burn in your head, then go see him.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I'm not on Faceache but occasionally stumble across a stupid comment about cycling on the Bristol-chip-off-Daily-Mail-Post website. Bristol cyclists will know what a toilet roll this rag can be.

However, I was recently enraged by the comment on a girl who was recently assaulted on the Bristol Railway Path by a bloke on a bike:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/school...h-cycle-path/story-30031020-detail/story.html

The onerous comment is from 'Docklobster' who said all cyclists are child molesters. I reported it as abuse and emailed the paper with my objections to it but of course, they've done F*** all about it. If I said that their employees were a bunch of liars and thieves, it would get take down in minutes. Therefore, I would like to ask my fellow CC'ers if they would be so kind enough to give a quick thumbs down to this moron by clicking on the down thumb symbol. You don't need an account to do it. Lets see if we can give him soooo many negative thumbs. I've given him minus 5 so far.

hatler

Guru
I'm not on Faceache but occasionally stumble across a stupid comment about cycling on the Bristol-chip-off-Daily-Mail-Post website. Bristol cyclists will know what a toilet roll this rag can be.

However, I was recently enraged by the comment on a girl who was recently assaulted on the Bristol Railway Path by a bloke on a bike:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/school...h-cycle-path/story-30031020-detail/story.html

The onerous comment is from 'Docklobster' who said all cyclists are child molesters. I reported it as abuse and emailed the paper with my objections to it but of course, they've done F*** all about it. If I said that their employees were a bunch of liars and thieves, it would get take down in minutes. Therefore, I would like to ask my fellow CC'ers if they would be so kind enough to give a quick thumbs down to this moron by clicking on the down thumb symbol. You don't need an account to do it. Lets see if we can give him soooo many negative thumbs. I've given him minus 5 so far.
I read that comment as a tongue in cheek response to the truly offensive comment immediately above it by usernamegvien.

Brandane

Legendary Member
It is somewhat ironic that everyone lambasting Facebook are happily typing away on Cyclechat, go figure.
The difference being, CycleChat is just a bunch of anonymous people, with a supposedly common interest in cycling. You don't know me and I don't know you. You can pretty much say what you like about other members on here within site rules, and it doesn't transfer into real life. Unless you have chosen to make personal acquaintance with fellow members; in which case - you should have known better!

Will Spin

Über Member
New Year's resolution, delete Facebook app from smart phone and iPad...result = bliss.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Read it again and again, let the rage build and burn in your head, then go see him.

LcdgaL9c4.jpg

Attachments

• LcdgaL9c4.jpg
    LcdgaL9c4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 49

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
The difference being, CycleChat is just a bunch of anonymous people, with a supposedly common interest in cycling. You don't know me and I don't know you. You can pretty much say what you like about other members on here within site rules, and it doesn't transfer into real life. Unless you have chosen to make personal acquaintance with fellow members; in which case - you should have known better!
True, but most of the confrontation I see on Facebook is not on my "friends" posts but on other groups or pages which tends to swarm huge herds of the same or directly opposing views, rather like us lot arguing about helmets (ahem) or new wheels.

Ed Phelan

At this point, Facebook only functions as a handy reminder of birthdays. I wouldn't even humour it if I were you, Facebook's intended to showcase the best in people - but does anything but.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Facebook's sometimes a bit of fun if I'm bored and fancy a righteous argument. I'm currently involved in a jolly chat with a friend of a friend, a camera cyclist who seems to think he's justified in screaming at nurses and kicking mirrors off cars because the driver is on the phone. Nobody seems to be agreeing with him.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Fact or fiction?
Fact, as far as I can tell. Some estimates are that more motorists jump reds than cyclists - and that certainly agrees with what I see around the fens, but we don't have many red lights and many of the ones in towns can be bypassed when cycling. Here's the ever-helpful Bez's summary: http://beyondthekerb.org.uk/laws-whos-breaking-what/

What does Facebook do so well, that you can't do it with email and goodness, gracious the telephone?
You can do it with other methods, but facebook is less pushy than large group emails and cheaper than the telephone. I'm no fan but I can see what it does well - and then once you're on the site, it presents a bottomless pit of updates for you to scroll through, with periodic notification popups to get you clicking through to a new bottomless pit... it's like a forum that behaves like a drug dealer.

At this point, Facebook only functions as a handy reminder of birthdays.
I'm pretty sure I've never told it my birthday. I know it's not hard to find out from official records, but why give it them on a plate?

Top Bottom