Facebook post blood boiling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
This is my favourite 'copy and paste' post, and the only one that I have copied and pasted...

On a more cycling-related note, this was posted the other day (by the A metre matters FB group), if you are on FB might be worth sharing that kind of thing now and then.
15844612_1799088866998394_8383703947394973447_o.jpg

Edit - although there is a mistake in 3 - the opposing lane may contain a cyclist or motorcyclist coming the other way, in which case the overtaking car cannot pull completely into it although they may still be able to overtake leaving a sufficient margin, depending on the positioning of our overtakee.

However you do get
Bloody cyclists!!

Hold on if cyclists are 3 abreast then not sure their would be a 1.5m gap between the overtaking

car and the outside cyclists. Surely that would recreate the same as #1?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=58976&share_type=t&share_pid=351400

Attachments

• 15844612_1799088866998394_8383703947394973447_o.jpg
    15844612_1799088866998394_8383703947394973447_o.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 28

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
However you do get
Bloody cyclists!!

Hold on if cyclists are 3 abreast then not sure their would be a 1.5m gap between the overtaking

car and the outside cyclists. Surely that would recreate the same as #1?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.thediveforum.com/showpost.php?p=351400&share_tid=21606&share_fid=58976&share_type=t&share_pid=351400
The graphic says it assumes 3 m wide lanes, so if all the positioning was spot on, there could be 1 m between the car and the centreline, and if each cyclist takes up 0.7 m width, with the inside one in the gutter, then that leaves 0.9 m spare on that side, giving 1.9 m gap. OK, not realistic, but not too far out. But perhaps does serve to point out that 2 abreast is better.

Reactions: mjr

Jody

Stubborn git
......and kicking mirrors off cars because the driver is on the phone. Nobody seems to be agreeing with him.

I remember getting into a discussion with @GrumpyGregry when I first started on this forum about the rights and wrongs of kicking someones mirror off if they close passed you. I said then (and still do) that I think it is wrong but must admit the thought has crossed my mind a couple of times when I have been on the road.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Hold on if cyclists are 3 abreast then not sure their would be a 1.5m gap between the overtaking car and the outside cyclists. Surely that would recreate the same as #1?
With cyclists with dysfunctional logic like that, who needs motorists? :sad:

I remember getting into a discussion with @GrumpyGregry when I first started on this forum about the rights and wrongs of kicking someones mirror off if they close passed you. I said then (and still do) that I think it is wrong but must admit the thought has crossed my mind a couple of times when I have been on the road.
The local famous cases of potatoes up the exhaust is funnier. ;)

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Pretending to agree with people you strongly disagree with is an effective tool on arsebook. That way at least some of those less prattish are able to get the message; used to be satire but I'm reliably informed that it's now called being 'mugged off' by those who are down and hip.

Never get into a proper argument with a twat. It's but a small step from there to the sanatorium. Lost count of the number of times I've had to post that there is no such thing as f*cking road tax!!!!!!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It is somewhat ironic that everyone lambasting Facebook are happily typing away on Cyclechat, go figure.
cyclechat's full of nobbers too.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Regardless of the rights and wrongs I simply doubt its effectiveness as a driver education tool.

GuyBoden

Guru
Sir Tim Berners-Lee inventor of the web (1989).

"The alternative is a Web in which governments or large companies, or frequently a close association of the two, try to control the internet, with packets of information delivered in a way that discriminates for commercial or political reasons. Regimes of every sort spy on their citizens, deriving hugely accurate and detailed profiles of them and their intimate lives. Today, the battle is building. The rights of individual people on the Web are being attacked, and at the moment only a few people really understand and realize what is going on."

Reactions: mjr
You could kill them, their children, parents and every single relation in an orgy of debauched sadism, violence and evil

.... or even worse - defriend them

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Whereas I've posted https://www.facebook.com/groups/klwnbugsters/permalink/1431682893522592/ of three motorists jumping red. The last two weren't even close - the cycle crossing had turned green, but I saw them coming, as did other people waiting to cycle across.

I've seen far worse, of course. It now seems routine for motorists to drive through red up to 10s after it's changed, if they think no-one's coming or if it's only a bloody cyclist. :sad:

With cyclists with dysfunctional logic like that, who needs motorists? :sad:

The local famous cases of potatoes up the exhaust is funnier. ;)

Allegedly breaking off matchsticks in the door lock has been a long favourite for all the "diplomatic" cars that don't pay parking fines

Top Bottom