Facebook post blood boiling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Indeed, it's human nature. It can all be explained with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-group_homogeneity

Now you know the problem, work on the solution. Invite said person out on a quick pootle and they'll quickly change their tune.

+1 to deleting facebook, nothing good ever came from wasting your life away on that shoot. Get back on your bike.

Joffey

Big Dosser
A member of our family on my wifes side posted the following on facebook. My feckin blood is boiling.

Whats the difference between red & green, f**k all if your cyclist

So true, sometimes ya just get the urge to push em off.
They're always complaining that drivers don't respect them but the way they think they own the road makes me want to push em off. Also if there's a cycle path why don't they use it??? Makes me want to push em off......don't get me started about cyclists....

Yep ,riding 2 or 3 abreast,blood pressures going up again thinking about it.

Just push em off John....

1f602.png
,right I will

I hope you had a public argument on her timeline about this!

Attachments

• 1f602.png
    1f602.png
    373 bytes · Views: 27

Johnno260

Veteran
I have this on a regular basis in the office, I just laugh now people are clueless in general, the best one is when they say you should pay tax, I say I pay the correct amount of emission duty, but if you want the government to legislate on it and basically say I am a free road user that will cost the tax payer money then keep banging on about it, then it falls to get insurance their faces when I say I am insured is priceless.

As for FaceBook, it's a bigger hive of wretched scum and villainy than Mos Eisley.

Last edited:

Dan B

Disengaged member
Nah all forums. Sadly.

Apparently I am a pavement riding , on road weaving, red light jumping scumbag with no lights that blind everybody because they are too bright.
Also you're holding up traffic by going too fast. And let's not forget, wearing fluorescent lycra that makes you invisible

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Agreed. He handled Streep badly. I'd have simply tweeted...

"Merrill Streep? Never heard of him." and left it at that.
No, thats just a more subtle variation of what he would do. He seems unable to take any critism without responding with petty insults on twitter which makes him look incredibly insecure.

Im not a huge advocate for facebook but its what you make of it, it contains your supposed friends, any scum and villiany you added yourself.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I had a spat with a friend on FB for posting a picture of a group of cyclists with the word tw@ts on it. I took offence. We had an uncomfortable chat and in the end we talk it through and sorted it out.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There are a few practical reasons why I (and my wife and son) don't use Facebook: Firstly I've been shocked in the past at the ease with which posters on web fora like this and Singletrack can find out personal details on contributors who are alleged to have cheated or short-changed other posters through the classified ads. Within minutes, somebody with a bit of internet savvy will have identified the supposed villain and broadcast their name, address and other details and the witch hunt begins. Mind you, I wish somebody could use this skill to locate a man aged 70 who owes £28,000 to one of my overseas agents after a business deal went wrong.

....which brings me to my second reason; a year or two ago a Police detective said on Crimewatch, of somebody the Police wanted to interview: "He doesn't use social media so he's proving quite difficult to find." That's good enough for me.

Thirdly, once that information is out there, it's permanent. We have no idea how this information will be used or abused ten, twenty or fifty years from now.

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Well it continues the usual crap.

Them
Ohhhh and whilst I'm on a rant - the law should enforce No riding 2 abreast, and when no cycle lanes available cyclists adhere to the rules applied to all drivers.

Them
Plus if you want to have a say on the road PAY road tax - well, that is until I get a bike !!!
1f914.png
1f633.png

My response (yes I know dont feed them)
Usual typical ignorant responses so we cyclists all get tarred with the same brush. I get so peed off by inconsiderate drivers trying to kill me in the morning going to work as I mind my own business. Oh and by the way road tax has not existed since 1937. I pay VED for my cars which is based on the volume of C02 emitted. I pay plenty of tax for my bikes and all my clothing. Rule 66 of the highway codes states cyclists should never ride more than 2 abreast.

Them
This rant of mine is directed only at inconsiderate cyclists and as you are not one of them by your admission the cap doesn't need to fit young man! Oh but I do suggest you always adhere to Rule 66 which I feel sure you do. Now to all you idiot cyclists on the road BEHAVE.
1f914.png
1f633.png

Me again (but thats it)
I ride two abreast when it is safe to do so young lady. Now to all you idiot drivers on the road BEHAVE !

Attachments

• 1f914.png
    1f914.png
    507 bytes · Views: 39
  • 1f633.png
    1f633.png
    474 bytes · Views: 35
  • 1f914.png
    1f914.png
    507 bytes · Views: 31
  • 1f914.png
    1f914.png
    507 bytes · Views: 35
  • 1f633.png
    1f633.png
    474 bytes · Views: 41
  • 1f633.png
    1f633.png
    474 bytes · Views: 45

TrishE

Über Member
I've started to read facebook posts from the end so if it says to copy and paste I don't read it and scroll on, in fact those posts are putting me off facebook I use it less now.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I've started to read facebook posts from the end so if it says to copy and paste I don't read it and scroll on, in fact those posts are putting me off facebook I use it less now.
This is my favourite 'copy and paste' post, and the only one that I have copied and pasted...

PLEASE put this as your status if you know someone who has been eaten by penguins. Penguins are nearly unstoppable, and when hungry, also breathe fire. 71% of people won't copy this into their status because they have already been eaten by penguins, 28% are hiding in their showers with fire extinguishers awaiting the coming penguinocalypse, another 3% can't do math (anymore than i can!), and the remaining 1% are awesome and will repost this.

On a more cycling-related note, this was posted the other day (by the A metre matters FB group), if you are on FB might be worth sharing that kind of thing now and then.
15844612_1799088866998394_8383703947394973447_o.jpg

Edit - although there is a mistake in 3 - the opposing lane may contain a cyclist or motorcyclist coming the other way, in which case the overtaking car cannot pull completely into it although they may still be able to overtake leaving a sufficient margin, depending on the positioning of our overtakee.

Attachments

• 15844612_1799088866998394_8383703947394973447_o.jpg
    15844612_1799088866998394_8383703947394973447_o.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Top Bottom