'Fessing up an accident to your other half

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Say you're very sorry, and to look on the bright side; it's only a bit of skin.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
[QUOTE 4152275, member: 43827"]He was a good bloke, also put the bike in the ambulance and took it into A&E with me[/QUOTE]

Did A&E fix it for you? ^_^

Sharky

Guru
[QUOTE 4152275, member: 43827"]I didn't have to tell my wife about the last cycling accident. The ambulance driver did that for me as I was unconscious at the time. He was a good bloke, also put the bike in the ambulance and took it into A&E with me. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
Similar situation, the nice policeman, broke the news to my wife and brought my sad bike back home.

Eighteen months later another spill, but managed to stay awake this time and could let my wife know myself. It went something like "hi, I'm ok, .......... I'm am in an ambulance. ........ Can you meet me at Maidstone A&E".

Karlt

Perhaps we need a campaign for ambulances to have bike racks?

Be a sad indictment of driving standards, wouldn't it?

Sharky

Guru
Be a sad indictment of driving standards, wouldn't it?
Only once in the last 10 years has any of my spills involved a motorist. Most of my offs have been down to gravel, ice or descending too quickly and missing a bend. The one time a motorist was involved, it would have been the helicopter that needed a bike rack.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Hope all is well with you and at home. Bloody strange today down south my last 4 miles are always a bit dodgy in -degree temps but yesterday I was on there at -4 and it wasn't icy and today it was 1.1 but icy patches everywhere, I assume it is wind chill. More scary than that were the numpties in cars oblivious to the road conditions.

Since my last off I am on text message duty when I arrive and leave work, makes me feel like a kid! Partly my fault for leaving it an hour before I thought maybe I should phone home last time, although in my defence I had a bit going on..

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Last fall was in front of Mr Summerdays who could only ask how had I managed to stop and end up with the bike on top of me..... I've tried not telling before when I've had near misses but I'm not very good at it so eventually it comes out. An off that caused damage would not go unnoticed!

I'd confess before they work it out for themselves.... Just underplay any danger.

Top Bottom