First record you ever bought.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Further to the Record Store Day thread, and as a search reveals this subject hasn't been done for 10 years - what was the first record you ever bought? No cheating for the sake of credibility, all you Bay City Roller fans :laugh:.

This was mine.......:blush: (In my defence, I WAS 7 years old!).

That was the first record I ever owned - tho' I didn't buy it...it was a pressie. First record I bought was Tubular Bells.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Technically it was a present rather than bought myself, but was what I wanted, so almost the same thing. In the late '60s as a little boy I was fascinated by the Apollo landings and wanted the signature tune, which I understood to be The Planets, especially given this album cover.

Of course, the signature tune wasn't The Planets at all but Richard Strauss Also Sprach Zarathustra which I didn't get till decades later. Planets is still pretty damned good, and was perhaps the begining of my exploration of (so-called) Classical music
While real rockers bought this:

View: https://youtu.be/WPDvsLSnUGc

Remember Heinz?

Oldbloke

Guru
Too much credibility going on here! There must be someone else who bought something naff as their first raecord. Don't be shy! :okay:

I won a record token when I was about 5, my Mum "helped" me choose "A Scottish Soldier" by Andy Stewart. Naff enough?:laugh:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Single :
Tie a Yellow Ribbon (I think)

Album (Bought at the same time using birthday record tokens) :
ELO - Out of the Blue
and
Rainbow - Down to Earth

Top Bottom