FNRttC FNRttC 3rd July to Brighton - the 'Genteel' ride 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charlotte

Dissolute libertine
10-11 mph is very achievable on a Penny Farthing.

But it will have to be another time as I'm pledged to the Dun Run and to do the double on such a machine would be madness...

Tynan

Veteran
you're doing the Dun Run on a Penny Farthing Charlotte?

that's plain showing off

Tim Hall

Using my Dad's 63 year old Rudge (not Raleigh as first thought) might not be a workable solution.

Getting the broken Pedersen that resides in the garage into running order seems a much better plan.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Tim Hall said:
Getting the broken Pedersen that resides in the garage into running order seems a much better plan.

When was the last time you rode this? I saw one in Crawley once and nearly crashed my then car rubber necking.

If money was no object I'd buy a Pashley Guv'nor just to do the genteel ride on.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
must have been. Timing is right and who else would have one? fess up what else in is the stable?

There's a dude on t'other side of Billingshurst who rides a Pedersen, often in plus fours and a dodgy hat, and no before anyone asks it isn't Harry Enfield's dad Ted, he was on a hybrid last time I saw him on his bike.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Kadu G
Danilo A
Adrian C
Emma W
Rachael W
Heleana Q
Bridget M
Andrij B
Grumpygreg
Aperitif
Angela-Marie G
Stuart A
Tony S
Mick D
Laura B
Cathy W
Claudine C
MacB
Tim O
Dan B
Tim H
Andrea W
Arnaud C
Pippa G
Marieke S
Anne-Floor S
Brechje S
Scott E
Matt J
William W
Graham H
Marylin M
Stephen W
Rachel W
Chris B
Chris KH
SigSilver Printer

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
ChrisKH said:
And me please dellzeqq.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
we've not quite got to the point where the balance between innocence (lots) and experience (not very much) is causing concern, but we're not a million miles off. So....Chris B, Chris KH, Pippa G, Dan B, The Tims, MacB, Laura B, Aperitif, Grumpygreg, Andrij and Adrian........sorry. I'm going to be prevailing on your good will for part of the way.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
MacBludgeon said:
there you go Dell, you've got ChrisKH, Sig and the Garminator, directions shouldn't be a problem:biggrin:
(goes to bureau and takes out pearl-handled revolver....)

Top Bottom