England : West Yorkshire Forum WALK - Stoodley Pike from Hebden Bridge, now takes place Sun 7th Apr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
11 views.jpg
12 views.jpg
13 views.jpg
14 views.jpg
15 views.jpg
17 at the top.jpg
18 at the top 2.jpg
19 there it is.jpg
20 plaque.jpg
21 on the way home.jpg

potsy

Rambler
22 more tricky walking.jpg
23 summer in yorkshire.jpg
24 better.jpg
24 quadbike.jpg
26 whoops.jpg
27 tricky again.jpg
28 tricky.jpg
29 HB.jpg
30 food.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nice to see everyone, including new face bicyclos!

+1 Very pleasant day out, good weather, good company and Colin well on the way back to his old self :thumbsup:
It's a polite way of saying "talking too much"! :laugh:

My dodgy microSD or phone camera played up. I will have to try the card in another device to see if it works properly in that, for once again the photos and videos I shot did not save properly. I have a universal card reader - I'll soak-test the card in that.

Potsy and the others took a lot of pictures so I'm sure that they will post a few later have already posted them by the time I finish typing this!

At the beginning of the walk, I decided to take us straight up 'The Buttress'. So much for a gentle start ... I think the others were surprised by how steep it is. I'm not sure many of them fancy tackling it on a bike.

The weather was really kind to us. The wind wasn't a problem, though it was slightly nippy up on the viewing platform of Stoodley Pike. It clouded over for a while but then the sun started shining again and conditions were so pleasant when we got to the cafe back in Hebden Bridge that we chose to sit out the back by the river.

I will check my calendar but I am seriously thinking of organising another walk for Sat, 4th May. I have a route in mind. I'll start a new thread about the walk in a couple of weeks time.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Those quad bikers almost tipped their machines over trying to drive (ride?) up over the piles of snow. They eventually succeeded in making progress but I'm sure that they were unaware of how precarious their situation was at times. The man in red at one point had his machine at 45 degrees on a snowy slope at chest height and was standing directly below it revving the engine. I had visions of him "doing a Rik Mayall"!

Nice to see everyone, including new face bicyclos!

It's a polite way of saying "talking too much"! :laugh:

My dodgy microSD or phone camera played up. I will have to try the card in another device to see if it works properly in that, for once again the photos and videos I shot did not save properly. I have a universal card reader - I'll soak-test the card in that.

Potsy and the others took a lot of pictures so I'm sure that they will post a few later have already posted them by the time I finish typing this!

At the beginning of the walk, I decided to take us straight up 'The Buttress'. So much for a gentle start ... I think the others were surprised by how steep it is. I'm not sure many of them fancy tackling it on a bike.

The weather was really kind to us. The wind wasn't a problem, though it was slightly nippy up on the viewing platform of Stoodley Pike. It clouded over for a while but then the sun started shining again and conditions were so pleasant when we got to the cafe back in Hebden Bridge that we chose to sit out the back by the river.

I will check my calendar but I am seriously thinking of organising another walk for Sat, 4th May. I have a route in mind. I'll start a new thread about the walk in a couple of weeks time.
If you can do a walk like that Colin, isn't it time to get out on the bike, even if only to Tod and back? BTW great pictures.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Yep a good day out and I'm glad I could ride over as well. I'll post my photos later.

Nice to meet new people and good to catch up with Potsy....I agree it's good to see Colinj being noisy again....it means he's recovering. Time to get back on the bike Colinj and stop being a big Jessi...:smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
the line up pic... Who's who please.

I can't believe the amount of snow :ohmy:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Looks like I really missed a good day out. :sad:. I shall check the diary for 4th May, but I have a horrible feeling I'm helping to organise a Sevens tournament. :sad:

ColinJ, time to get on the bike even if it's only a towpath run to Sowerby Bridge/Elland. Just say the word... I've got this week off.

(You'll be pleased to hear we thrashed Baildon, and Cubester was on fine form.)

Top Bottom