Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smthers

Über Member
If there is a Poundland nearby, you may find a better bargain there. Poundland often have Kodak AA "heavy duty" batteries 11 for £1.
Not tried those, but they’re not alkaline are they? Any good?

Planet X have got storage hooks on offer at £1.99 each again. I bought 6 last time they were on offer - good quality and although the description says that they don't include fixings the ones they sent me did include wall plugs and screws.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOJOSWMBH/jobsworth-steel-wall-mounted-bike-hanger-(folding-hook)

I wouldn’t trust the fixing included on a thermalite block wall, had one fail and start pulling away from the wall, swapped out for some metal heavy duty ones and had no probs since.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Planet X have started selling their own version of winter boots in both MTB and road versions, they look to be the same or very similar to the FLR Defender boots and at @£70 a pop look to be worth a gamble so I've ordered a MTB pair as Christmas present to myself, link here:
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SHFLRDEF/planet-x-das-boot-spd
Currently the boots are on pre-order but should be available from tomorrow, but this is PX we're talking about so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed!

For info FLR Defender review here:
https://bikerumor.com/2019/11/14/fl...ble-winter-shoes-for-road-or-mountain-biking/

As a bonus PX are giving away a free helmet with every gift voucher you buy, so if you buy a voucher and use it as part of the payment then you get a helmet for free. Actually if you paid using 2 x £30 vouchers then I guess you could get two free helmets, but I didn't think of this until after I had placed my order! :banghead: However my order has been confirmed so I can now look forward to the boots and a free helmet :wahhey:(plus a couple of other goodies I snuck into the order :ph34r:)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well that's the plan if I can get them past Mrs W :ph34r:.
Yes im interested too please review when you do

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Altura Cadence Baggy shorts, comes with detachable padded liner too. Use code BFC20 and they are only £12! Free delivery over £20 so I bought 2 pairs for £24^_^
Will be great for MTB rides and maybe take the liner out and use for walking too.
https://www.cyclerepublic.com/altur...tm_source=digidip_net&utm_campaign=partnerize

Last edited:

Tom B

Guru
Planet X have started selling their own version of winter boots in both MTB and road versions, they look to be the same or very similar to the FLR Defender boots and at @£70 a pop look to be worth a gamble

They dont look look a million miles from Shimano Mw7/Mw5 either.

I had some mw5s replaced under warranty with MW7s. Both are great but inexplicably for a winter boot have perforated uppers (which I fill with wax). They're warm enough but do fill with water via the big holes atb the top. Lapping the bottom of your trouser legs over the top of the shoe helps.

wonderloaf

Veteran
They dont look look a million miles from Shimano Mw7/Mw5 either.

I had some mw5s replaced under warranty with MW7s. Both are great but inexplicably for a winter boot have perforated uppers (which I fill with wax). They're warm enough but do fill with water via the big holes atb the top. Lapping the bottom of your trouser legs over the top of the shoe helps.
Yes I noticed the holes in the uppers, seems weird to include them on boots that are meant to be water resistant, maybe the water resistant inner liner is meant to take care of any ingress. I always wear waterproof socks anyway so as long as they keep my toes warm I'll be more than happy. There's always duct tape and overshoes I suppose but that does make a bit of a mockery of buying them in the first place!
Apparently I've got a parcel from PX being delivered tomorrow, might be the boots or the free helmet, if it's the boots I'll let you all know my first impressions before Mrs W whisks them away for wrapping (unless I can talk her out of it or bribe her somehow ... Ferrero Rocher is always a good bet! ).

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I have one of those lights on the way already, although the one I ordered is multi-color ,hoping to run it as a supplementary rear in its multi color flashing mode

View attachment 493686
Where from, how much and is the top mode white? Could be a useful small emergency get-you-home if the same light can do red or white (although I suspect most of us have plenty of reds, as they haven't improved as quickly and often come in sets with fronts).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wouldn’t trust the fixing included on a thermalite block wall, had one fail and start pulling away from the wall, swapped out for some metal heavy duty ones and had no probs since.

Mine came via Amazon - exactly the same, but I used my own fixings too. Can't beat a quality rawl plug for less messing.

Top Bottom