Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

straas

Matt
Were they not in warranty still?

Yes - I arranged a return but then Mavic said they were going under so I've not sorted anything out.

Normally more organised, but young babies demand a lot of time & attention. :wacko:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought this tweed jacket in a retro clothing shop in Accrington on Thursday. I don't know how old it is,but the wool is carpet thick and the jacket on inspection is very well put together! I'd say a jacket of this kind nowadays would cost around £250-350. I paid £22.50 for it.:okay:

1597446418728.png

1597447388583.png

Last edited:
well done accy - i have a similar harris tweed jacket bought in camden market london before it became uber uber busy on every foreign tourist's intinerary. didn't cost much. damn tough.
feel free to pm me the address of that shop - is it in the centre? - may have cycled past it.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I bought this tweed jacket in a retro clothing shop in Accrington on Thursday. I don't know how old it is,but the wool is carpet thick and the jacket on inspection is very well put together! I'd say a jacket of this kind nowadays would cost around £250-350. I paid £22.50 for it.:okay:
That’s a good price for a decent vintage Harris Tweed one. There obviously aren’t enough hipsters in your neck of the woods to justify inflated prices.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
well done accy - i have a similar harris tweed jacket bought in camden market london before it became uber uber busy on every foreign tourist's intinerary. didn't cost much. damn tough.
feel free to pm me the address of that shop - is it in the centre? - may have cycled past it.
No need to pm,it's this one pal.:okay:
https://www.facebook.com/revivalaccrington/
https://www.yell.com/biz/revival-accrington-1244875/
Ian,the owner had the shop done up during lockdown. He only opens three days a week and it's always busy. I don't know where he finds his stock and how he sells it for those very low prices,but never look a gift horse in the mouth eh!;)

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
When we went to trade fairs the Harris Tweed people were on the stand next to us and we always chatted. I went down to a rival show a few miles away where somebody was selling genuine Harris Tweed jackets made in Yorkshire from Yorkshire tweed. When I came back and reported this there was a short silence as being religious they could not swear in public at least. Shortly after one person was left on the stand and the rest had vanished. On my next visit to the rival show {where we did some business anyway} the offending exhibitors were not to be seen. Don't mess with the teuchters.

dodgy

View attachment 541735
View attachment 541737
That's smart, they go with almost anything. I'm not sure your local knuckle draggers will be impressed, but sod 'em.

View attachment 541735
View attachment 541737
Splendid, Carradice may still be doing marching saddle bags,mif you like to coordinate your accessories

Top Bottom