Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slaav

Veteran
Me neither.

Try a bandana - you will only look like Pantani when you take your helemt off to snort cocaine!!!
https://www.wish.com/product/59283cb67840082ef63270ce?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=GB&_force_currency_code=GBP&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=59283cb67840082ef63270ce&ad_cc=GB&ad_curr=GBP&ad_price=3.00&campaign_id=6493229882&exclude_install=true}&guest=true&gclid=CjwKCAjwzMeFBhBwEiwAzwS8zGNLmeZCnEpCWpzH602Q-NHgTMASjYLghCmopQnRaW9ycMZy0OeOIBoCXgkQAvD_BwE&share=web

Thanks for suggestions all - will try the Summer Skull cap as see it has mesh. I had previously dismissed these as I use something when it’s colder.... but that skull cap is warm vs mesh Etc. Doh!!

I will try the bandana solution also but in hot climates, I’ve been known to have sweat dripping from the peak of my cap playing golf so it will be interesting to see how these cope after a couple of hours.....

simongt

Guru
What, one of these?
Ahh, I mind well of these beasts at the Mildenhall Air Shows back in t'day before the world became security obsessed. always looked forward to them and a great day out with good USAF hospitality, monster burgers, tacos and properly cold cans of fizzy pop etc - ! ^_^

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Topeak Joe Blow Sport III Track Pump, a good price at £26 here;
https://www.millets.co.uk/15895117/...Networks&utm_campaign=http://www.digidip.net/
B3D848DB-E125-426E-B821-7A67FEDBF272.jpeg

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Anyone got one? How much force does it take to blow a tyre up to 90psi? The one I have at the moment, even with my (8-yr-old) son balanced on top of the handle putting his full weight on it, can only get up to about 40psi.

cheshirerob

Anyone got one? How much force does it take to blow a tyre up to 90psi? The one I have at the moment, even with my (8-yr-old) son balanced on top of the handle putting his full weight on it, can only get up to about 40psi.

I have one, good, sturdy, reliable pump, you will have no probs pumping, even over 100 psi.

@BrumJim i’ve got this pump. The pump is the same as you say children struggle to pump up above 40psi. To get up to about 90psi it is about 10-15 strokes of the pump and it gets up to about 120psi before it starts to struggle a little. The head is serviceable and it does both presta and schraeder.

I wouldn’t like to use it for track use where you use high pressures.

IIRC there are two versions of this pump. I think one goes to approx 130 and the other goes to 180psi. Of course there may only be one version now. My supposedly higher pressure one inflates to 90/100psi with no trouble at all. A good pump.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
@BrumJim i’ve got this pump. The pump is the same as you say children struggle to pump up above 40psi. To get up to about 90psi it is about 10-15 strokes of the pump and it gets up to about 120psi before it starts to struggle a little. The head is serviceable and it does both presta and schraeder.

I wouldn’t like to use it for track use where you use high pressures.
Thanks. I think you answered my question. With my current pump I can get up to 110psi without too much trouble, but my son can only get up to 40 without help. Looks like I will have to wait until he gets heavier before he can do his own tyres.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hi all, I sweat far too much to wear glasses. When pushing, I get through so much liquid it’s insane. Have never been able to get on with glasses as a result!
Does anybody have any ideas on solutions? Now that I am contending with flies, insects/midges etc, I am tempted to try again.....

Skullcap or cap

Top Bottom