Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
An advert just popped up for these glasses just now when I was looking on Utube, I'm going to be plagued with these Ad's for a while now!

Have a quick search for garden sheds. I've never known anything so powerful for bringing up customised results. You'll be fed shed ads for weeks. Which if like me is great for covering up what you've actually been looking at (so the missus doesn't see).

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Schwalbe Winter Spike K-guard tyres for £14.99 in 700x35c flavour... clearly the time to buy if you are thinking ahead !

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/schwalbe-winter-spike-k-guard-road-tyre/rp-prod118113

battered

Guru
That's a bummer, how many NM do you need for a cassette?
You don't need a TW to do up a cassette. It's non critical, and they have the locking mechanism. Just do them up FT, the spanner is sized to let a normal human get it in the right range by tightening it up as far as they can with one hand.

yes the same i often see those ones listed on facefluff and put a link to the rock bros ones telling fold they are being ripped off
anyone ever used those rockbros ones?
If so what are the frames like?
I ask as I know the weak point on some multi-lens glasses can be the frames - don't stand up to repeated removal/insertion of the lenses.
Also must admit to having a certain wariness of rockbros - do some interesting bits but some of the stuff branded rockbros seems to me to be of doubtful quality.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I ask as I know the weak point on some multi-lens glasses can be the frames - don't stand up to repeated removal/insertion of the lenses.
Also must admit to having a certain wariness of rockbros - do some interesting bits but some of the stuff branded rockbros seems to me to be of doubtful quality.
For the price good i tend to scratch the lens before the frame goes because I'm butter fingers and drop them

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Can’t comment on rockbros however I did buy what looked like knock off Oakleys . Quality wise they were not bad! In fact I rated them quite high! Frames good and lenses decent as well .

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

simongt

Guru
Pristine condition Super Galaxy bought locally for £240, :okay: when other older ones were being advertised for around £600.

Pristine condition Super Galaxy bought locally for £240, :okay: when other older ones were being advertised for around £600.

What, one of these?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can’t comment on rockbros however I did buy what looked like knock off Oakleys . Quality wise they were not bad! In fact I rated them quite high! Frames good and lenses decent as well .

I have a pair of 'in-bike' Oakley style glasses, and I've used my own RX insert with them. Cost about £20 with lenses (Amazon) and they have outlasted the genuine and very expensive Oakley M Frames by years (had two frames that broke).

Like these

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polarized-Sunglasses-Protection-Interchangeable-Activities/dp/B07FNRBQWX/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=s5Pdh&pf_rd_p=7da34691-fdd2-4c5f-8b6d-169e92629be0&pf_rd_r=QQYX28PRY3AXKVCRQ5EN&pd_rd_r=5482f953-7e39-441e-8d8f-9b6d2a4eb24d&pd_rd_wg=7u6ic&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Slaav

Veteran
I have a pair of 'in-bike' Oakley style glasses, and I've used my own RX insert with them. Cost about £20 with lenses (Amazon) and they have outlasted the genuine and very expensive Oakley M Frames by years (had two frames that broke).

Like these

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polarized-Sunglasses-Protection-Interchangeable-Activities/dp/B07FNRBQWX/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=s5Pdh&pf_rd_p=7da34691-fdd2-4c5f-8b6d-169e92629be0&pf_rd_r=QQYX28PRY3AXKVCRQ5EN&pd_rd_r=5482f953-7e39-441e-8d8f-9b6d2a4eb24d&pd_rd_wg=7u6ic&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Hi all, I sweat far too much to wear glasses. When pushing, I get through so much liquid it’s insane. Have never been able to get on with glasses as a result!
Does anybody have any ideas on solutions? Now that I am contending with flies, insects/midges etc, I am tempted to try again.....

Inspector Monkfish

Hi all, I sweat far too much to wear glasses. When pushing, I get through so much liquid it’s insane. Have never been able to get on with glasses as a result!
Does anybody have any ideas on solutions? Now that I am contending with flies, insects/midges etc, I am tempted to try again.....
I wear a little summer skullcap like this
or a headband. Just enough to absorb the sweat so it doesn't get into my eyes or on glasses

Tom B

Guru

Not sure how I follow that sweating = issues with glasses. As a constant glasses wearer perhaps I'm more tolerant.

Anyway my suggestion is a bit of vasaline smeared through the eyebrows.

Or go faster to blow the sweat away.

Top Bottom