Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
Usually about 40nm, it usually says the torque on the lock ring.
which is like very tight and you have a decent margin of error, ergo you don't need a torque wrench to put a cassette on.

they are very useful for tightening onto carbon bits when its easy to overtighten past 5nm etc.

which is like very tight and you have a decent margin of error, ergo you don't need a torque wrench to put a cassette on.

they are very useful for tightening onto carbon bits when its easy to overtighten past 5nm etc.

Ok so whenever I'll need to tighten a cassette, I'll tighten to whatever the max is using the planet x torque wrench is, then tighten more by hand :okay:

I just tighten the lock ring until the continued clicking stopping and then push it a little bit to get one more click. Certainly not 40nm as it doesn’t need a scaffold pole on end of tool to undo at a later date and there are a few more clicks in the lockring if I pushed really hard!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I just tighten the lock ring until the continued clicking stopping and then push it a little bit to get one more click. Certainly not 40nm as it doesn’t need a scaffold pole on end of tool to undo at a later date and there are a few more clicks in the lockring if I pushed really hard!
Certainly no need for a torque wrench.

Chislenko

Veteran

At no point did I say that you need a torque wrench for a cassette, in fact I never use one for anything.

I was merely pointing out that if the chap above was going to rely on the torque wrench he had purchased for all his bike maintenance it wouldn't do his cassette.

Just because those of us who know / can guage how tight to fit a cassette a "newcomer" to bike maintenance may want to follow manufacturer recommendations.

Don't know if anyone's already posted,but Aldi cycling stuff from 16th May
https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2021-05-16
The five-leg workstand has been my mainstay for 4 years now. And it cost £24.99 then!

Chislenko

Veteran

broady

Veteran
Unfortunately they ain't got any. It does seem to be something the Bike Factory do, show good deals but when searching experience tells me always tick the "show in stock" box as they rarely appear to update their website.
Was in stock in 55cm early according to the website

Top Bottom