Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
They are heavy & don’t roll well. A good big thorn would just make a sticky mess. You may as well go tubeless all together.
I think for mountain biking they are fine, the difference would be more noticeable on a road bike.
Tubeless would be difficult as my rims, as with most retro 26ers are not compatible.

Milzy

Guru
I think for mountain biking they are fine, the difference would be more noticeable on a road bike.
Tubeless would be difficult as my rims, as with most retro 26ers are not compatible.
Bargain for your MTB then. :smile:

Stans tubeless kit for non tubeless MTB 26” wheels is the answer, just done might and they’re a delight to ride, cheap too

Paired with racing ralpha TLR tyres it’s transformed my ride comfort

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Bit niche, but Amazon have the Ryobi cordless pressure washer at a big reduction:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-RY18PW22A-125-22bar-Power-Washer/dp/B08JGZKRXG

These are the ones that feed from a bucket of water, as I understand it, not from a mains hose. Ryobi is a good brand and I think you can use the included battery with other Ryobi power tools. Wouldn't think it is up to doing a few cars or cleaning the patio, but handy if you are camping or caravaning or don't want to get the Karcher out to clean your bike.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Bit niche, but Amazon have the Ryobi cordless pressure washer at a big reduction:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-RY18PW22A-125-22bar-Power-Washer/dp/B08JGZKRXG

These are the ones that feed from a bucket of water, as I understand it, not from a mains hose. Ryobi is a good brand and I think you can use the included battery with other Ryobi power tools. Wouldn't think it is up to doing a few cars or cleaning the patio, but handy if you are camping or caravaning or don't want to get the Karcher out to clean your bike.

We must have inadvertently upset a bunch of pigeons, and I'm tempted to get one of these purely for the "bird strikes" we get on the driveway.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
We get Canada geese round here and their poop seems especially toxic and if left quickly lifts the clearcoat on my cars metallic paint. We have a hose and an outdoor tap, but if you had a water butt and the Ryobi it would probably do the job quite nicely.

Tom B

Guru
Last edited:

battered

Guru
Aldi have baggy cycling shorts with a lycra liner. Originally £7.99, the remains are being cleared at £5.99. I have a pair, they are OK. Generous fit (I have lost weight) and comfy. Not ridden in them yet, but they seem OK.

Top Bottom