Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
If using mainly on road I'd think tubeless is less a issue.

Shimano wheels are good solid wheels tbh.

At 11kg Weight is the biggest negative.

Boardman CX was 10.43kg Bitd.

My son has a Ridley CX bike. Only his is carbon fibre with Shimano 105 groupset.

So I would join him in the Ridley club, but on a vastly inferior bike. Not sure I can handle that.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
My son has a Ridley CX bike. Only his is carbon fibre with Shimano 105 groupset.

So I would join him in the Ridley club, but on a vastly inferior bike. Not sure I can handle that.

Think how smug you'd look arriving at the destination first; and being there drink in-hand when he then arrived.......

Tenkaykev

Guru
Think how smug you'd look arriving at the destination first; and being there drink in-hand when he then arrived.......
A couple of years ago myself, Mrs Tenkaykev, daugher and grandson all had a leisurely ride into Poole, stopped for lunch and then started back. Young grandson wanted to lead on the way back so it was agreed that grandad and grandson would make our own way back. Off he went, glanced back over his shoulder before giving it some welly and accelerating away. Next time he looked back, there was granddad smiling at him and giving him a thumbs up, so he put in even more of an effort, only to find Grandad still on his shoulder.
This continued all the way home, where granddad explained all about slipstreaming 😄

Jameshow

Veteran
A couple of years ago myself, Mrs Tenkaykev, daugher and grandson all had a leisurely ride into Poole, stopped for lunch and then started back. Young grandson wanted to lead on the way back so it was agreed that grandad and grandson would make our own way back. Off he went, glanced back over his shoulder before giving it some welly and accelerating away. Next time he looked back, there was granddad smiling at him and giving him a thumbs up, so he put in even more of an effort, only to find Grandad still on his shoulder.
This continued all the way home, where granddad explained all about slipstreaming 😄

Mean grandad!!

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
He's 10. Not convinced dropping him just so I can get the drinks in first is acceptable at that age?

I played golf professionally for 6 years. And then taught for a dozen or so. I wasn’t World Class: but could ‘hold my own’.

My middle Son started playing of his own volition. So I joined his club so we could spend time together in the fresh air.

If I’m out playing - I might as-well try my hardest / practice and be as good as I can I thought…..

Culmination was despite my Son soon getting down to 11 handicap, whether we played the par 3 or main course, if we played off levels or I gave him a dozen shots - I always found a way to win (All in very good spirit or so I thought - and with me encouraging him every step of the way) . Anyway: that resulted in him getting bored of that and refusing to play with me…..

So be careful of being too ‘competitive’ 🙄

Milzy

Guru
I played golf professionally for 6 years. And then taught for a dozen or so. I wasn’t World Class: but could ‘hold my own’.

My middle Son started playing of his own volition. So I joined his club so we could spend time together in the fresh air.

If I’m out playing - I might as-well try my hardest / practice and be as good as I can I thought…..

Culmination was despite my Son soon getting down to 11 handicap, whether we played the par 3 or main course, if we played off levels or I gave him a dozen shots - I always found a way to win (All in very good spirit or so I thought - and with me encouraging him every step of the way) . Anyway: that resulted in him getting bored of that and refusing to play with me…..

So be careful of being too ‘competitive’ 🙄

You were been like Tiger Woods’s dad. 🤣

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I started to get dropped by son no. 2 when he was 12. Enjoy your temporary superiority

Was chatting to my son's coach on Wednesday. His son was 14 when he first got faster than his Dad. Only he was a good 10 years younger than I will be at the same stage and more active.

Top Bottom