Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
I would expect the wrongly supplied tyres are due to someone putting the incorrect tyres in a specific 'bin' and the person collecting the order picking them up and not seeing the need to check as only the ordered tyre should be in the 'bin'. Last wrongly supplied item I saw no immediate need to return was a complete pack of paint brushes rather than the single brush I had ordered. Needless to say the supplier noted after a couple of days they were oddly out of stock of the paintbrush and asked for the pack minus one back freepost.

How do the tyres ride, especially vs the Hypers? They look quite chunky for road riding.

They are chunky as hell, and feel like it.

Most of my commute is on tarmac, and I would much prefer a wide-ish slick for that (even when wet/slimey);
BUT i have a very short section of Sustrans path that is prone to flooding, and I've already crashed on it this autumn! (Low speed, but much dignity and blood loss). I'd feel an idiot to crash again when I could have switched to more sure-footed boots for the sake of £20-£40.

Weekend rides I'm on 28mm slicks, all winter except when icy (which is increasingly rare in Oxon, let's not start discussing the climate here ... )

mikeIow

Guru
The flippin things are getting bigger! Just got another email correction:

"Unfortunately, we have identified a listing error which means you will be receiving the
Schwalbe Marathon GT365 700X38mm Dual Guard instead of the expected
Schwalbe Marathon GT 365 700x35mm Road Tyres.

"
( I should point out that they don't seem to have the size written on the sidewall, I did have a look! Admittedly in a badly-lit garage ... )

Look again, in very bright light - they are scrawled on them near the bead, so tiny I could barely see it said 38!
The tread does look a little chunky, but mine have taken me on LEJoG & a couple of other decent multi-day trips, without any issue, so I think they are worth it!

wonderloaf

Veteran
Altura 50% off across whole site ( https://www.altura.co.uk/ ) until midnight 27th November, no code needed:
1700595692655.png

Ajax Bay

Guru
Look again, in very bright light - they are scrawled on them near the bead, so tiny I could barely see it said 38!
The tread does look a little chunky, but mine have taken me on LEJoG & a couple of other decent multi-day trips, without any issue, so I think they are worth it!
All this chat about these bargain tyres encouraged me to discover just how 'chunky' they were.
1700603548793.png

Kbrook

Veteran
Some cracking deals here
https://www.orrobikes.com/outlet?mc_cid=58f392216c&mc_eid=2d72c9d4e9

or maybe we could just talk about tyre sizes a bit more

gareth01244

Veteran
Just bought a pair of Adidas Vegan Samba bike shoes for the gym. Just need the SPD cleats for them. They were half price so an early Xmas present from the outlet store at Cheshire Oaks.

I live not to far from cheshire oaks and I'm tempted to pop in, if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for them?

Top Bottom