Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
When they come let me know how thick the material is... I could do with some, but with thicker more thermal material.

Milzy

Guru
I’ve got a pair of 3/4’s no matter the weather I’ll feel chilly on the bottom of the legs. They look weird too, especially with longer socks.

I’ve got a pair of 3/4’s no matter the weather I’ll feel chilly on the bottom of the legs. They look weird too, especially with longer socks.

Oh i love 3/4s. Makes me feel like I'm riding a gnarly Belgian classic. Never notice chilly legs - upper body was cold starting off today - had to stop and put a gilet and gloves on. Temperature went from 10 degrees to 16 degrees in about 5 minutes at one point - but then sadly back down again just as quick !

Gwylan

Veteran
I'll wear odd socks to cap it off.

.... Life is too short to sort socks

No! Standing orders state that no single, un-partnered or orphaned sock will be allowed to exit the airing cupboard.
They remain there until their partner is located. On the event no partner is identified then they are forwarded to the recycling bin.

Tom B

Guru
No! Standing orders state that no single, un-partnered or orphaned sock will be allowed to exit the airing cupboard.
They remain there until their partner is located. On the event no partner is identified then they are forwarded to the recycling bin.

Do the washing, put everything away bar socks and gruds.... tip socks and gruds into sock and grud box in the drobe. In the morning, usually in the dark, inseet hand into the box, grab a trio and dress.

2mins per week sorting socks for 60 years of adult life is a 104 hours of life, sorting socks. 4 and a third whole days, so allowing for sleep, work and ablutions a week of life spent sorting socks....

That's time that could be spent riding bikes.

No bad thing has ever happened to me for wearing odd socks.

I often buy sets of identical socks so often have similar but I have recently been given a huge bag of second hand socks so have a real jumble.

Today....
PXL_20240422_080235152.MP.jpg

Gwylan

Veteran
Do the washing, put everything away bar socks and gruds.... tip socks and gruds into sock and grud box in the drobe. In the morning, usually in the dark, inseet hand into the box, grab a trio and dress.

2mins per week sorting socks for 60 years of adult life is a 104 hours of life, sorting socks. 4 and a third whole days, so allowing for sleep, work and ablutions a week of life spent sorting socks....

I often buy sets of identical socks so often have similar but I have recently been given a huge bag of second hand socks so have a real jumble.

Today....
View attachment 728454

Be rude to it's just attention seeking.

I grew a beard on the same flawed logic. But it did give me time to sort socks and waste on here

Evans Cycles have the Specialized Sirrus 1.0 on sale in store for £259
Curiously, it's not on their website.
Microshift 2x7; Vee brakes - so it's nothing special but fits into RAIB (redundant array of inexpensive bikes) quite nicely)

Today....
View attachment 728454

Used to be cool in the 80s to wear your fluo coloured socks as an odd pair. I remember buying a pair and swapping one sock with my mate to get that fashionable look.

Top Bottom