Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
A few bargains to be had over at https://www.polaris-bikewear.com/

Looks a fire sale on new ownership. There are limited sizes and availability but I’ve bagged a couple of things. I’ve already got a few Polaris items and they are all doing well.

Tom B

Guru

Looks a fire sale on new ownership. There are limited sizes and availability but I’ve bagged a couple of things. I’ve already got a few Polaris items and they are all doing well.
That's the kids stocking fillers sorted....

Who said I wasn't organised?

Fair does I'll have either forgotten I've bought them or lost them by December, but the intention is good.

Fastpedaller

Today I received an email from Halfords - exchange your old bike (only Halfords house brand names) to get 25% off. I thought it wouldn't apply to Bromptons, but yes, it does! So in theory (and also after reading the T&C's) it would be possible to get a £1495 C-line Brompton and save £373 if the bike you brought in was eligible for exchange. So maybe pick their cheapest 'recycled' bike and buy it then exchange it for the £373 off? That is unless you already (or can get cheaply) an eligible bike to exchange.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Today I received an email from Halfords - exchange your old bike (only Halfords house brand names) to get 25% off. I thought it wouldn't apply to Bromptons, but yes, it does! So in theory (and also after reading the T&C's) it would be possible to get a £1495 C-line Brompton and save £373 if the bike you brought in was eligible for exchange. So maybe pick their cheapest 'recycled' bike and buy it then exchange it for the £373 off? That is unless you already (or can get cheaply) an eligible bike to exchange.

This piqued my interest as I have an Apollo bike in the garage doing nothing. However the exchange bike has to be 5 years old or newer, which counts mine out.

Ajax Bay

Guru
This piqued my interest as I have an Apollo bike in the garage doing nothing. However the exchange bike has to be 5 years old or newer, which counts mine out.
I must admit the same 'pique'(and have a Carrera under used). But it is a commentary on 'throw-away' culture to imagine it's reasonable to swap out a (probably) perfectly good bike (<5 yo) for a shinier new one. Having said that, this is how, aiui, a significant % of drivers managing their need to possess/drive a new enough car.

Fastpedaller

After posting my note above I did some more research......... On Halfords website they list a child's second-hand bike at £30. Whether they have this bike in the store nearby is maybe a lottery. Buy the £30 bike, get 25% off the Brompton, job done. They surely can't 'reject' the child bike if you've just bought it :laugh: . I thought Brompton didn't allow retailers to give discounts on their new Brompton bikes - this is a way around it.

figbat

Slippery scientist
After posting my note above I did some more research......... On Halfords website they list a child's second-hand bike at £30. Whether they have this bike in the store nearby is maybe a lottery. Buy the £30 bike, get 25% off the Brompton, job done. They surely can't 'reject' the child bike if you've just bought it :laugh: . I thought Brompton didn't allow retailers to give discounts on their new Brompton bikes - this is a way around it.

Brompton can’t stop a retailer giving discounts - price fixing is illegal, as is making unfavourable terms to discourage retailers from deviating from the RRP. They can, of course, withdraw from a retailer although not as a punitive or retaliatory measure.

Sixmile

Veteran

When they did this offer last year, my daughter was interested in upgrading to the 24" Boardman hybrid so I went on gumtree, got a kids Carrera bike locally for £10 to use as my bait bike but then she decided she wanted something else for her birthday thus the tenner bike is still out the back. Reminds me that I need to spruce it up and sell it on as it's too small for my kids.

Sixmile

Veteran

This 'sale' has been going on forever. The new owners took over about 6 months ago and whilst some stock is discounted, it's no where close to the sales that Polaris used to do during January and they'd always another massive bank holiday sale each year. Maybe that's why the previous iteration went under as the stuff was such a bargain. Out of everything on their site at the moment, I'll recommend the bike packing bags, although no bar or saddle one's remain, just frame bags but still, they're fantastic quality if that's your kind of thing. Not sure if they still come with the fixie straps so check first as they're no longer separately listed for sale and are the only way to mount these.

Sixmile

Veteran
Have posted this before but now even cheaper, especially now using 'springme15' for another 15% off.

£11.46 delivered

Image-2__26043__52672.1700077480.jpg

https://mangobikes.com/accessories/clothing/coffee-brake-mug/

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Buy the £30 bike, get 25% off the Brompton, job done.
This is a very interesting deal which I haven't seen before. It makes me wonder; were they going to offer 25% off anyway, but are using this trade in thing to make a few quid back on each 25% discount offered? It's a clever way of getting people to buy "bargain" new bikes who would otherwise not have. Or for those who don't want the hassle of selling privately, they get to trade in and get a discount on a new one, best of both worlds

Top Bottom