Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zee

Veteran
My understanding is that CF frames use a mix of fibre types and the higer the modulus, while it's stiffer & lighter but it's more brittle so it gets used only in certain areas. I'm fairly sure the frames do have some kind of system for more comfort at the seat tube/top tube junction a la the decoupler, happy to be proved wrong on that. Still a lush frame.

Tony.

You piqued my interest. I had a look at the marketing spiel:

"SAVE PLUS MICRO-SUSPENSION SYSTEM (SEAT POST AND SEAT TUBE):
The elegantly scalloped seat tube and the smaller diameter 25.4mm seatpost are designed to flex together to provide more comfort when seated. The integrated collarless seat clamp allows more of the seatpost to flex than with a traditional clamp."

So shortened seat-tube for more exposed post and reduced diameter post on the Synapse frame for more movement under rough terrain.

Besides C'dale, I recall Lapierre have their own version of the decoupler at the ST-TT junction, Bianchi have magic CV carbon fibre, Specialized has the Zertz and a spring seatpost and Canyon has a leaf spring type post. Can't think of any big names other than Trek and Lapierre with a ST/TT dampener mechanism.

outlash

also available in orange
Lol, so essentially it's a little bit flexy at the top of the seat tube and it's not on the supersix either.

adscrim

Veteran
If you're one of the plastic hat brigade and you're in the market for a new one, Sportpursuit.com have some Met helmets dirt cheap at the moment. Including the range topping Sine Thesis which I've found to be very light and airy.

Leaway2

Lycrist
If you're one of the plastic hat brigade and you're in the market for a new one, Sportpursuit.com have some Met helmets dirt cheap at the moment. Including the range topping Sine Thesis which I've found to be very light and airy.
That is a strange website! you can not see anything without passing your email details, or am I doing something wrong.

U

User6179

That is a strange website! you can not see anything without passing your email details, or am I doing something wrong.

Yes you need to join I think , Don't bother as most of the stuff is over priced , I joined but the site makes my computer go mental .

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes and you have to wait about a month for delivery which they then may not be able to fulfil. They are really slow to refund if a return is needed too. I'd stick to wiggle etc.

Kbrook

Veteran
Giant Defy 3 from Rutland £399

I bought it at £449 and thought I got a bargain, you also get Quidco and £8 in rewards. I love mine which I'm using as my winter bike.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/28093..._content=&eid=B926793164079892396428436384617

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shutt VR Performance Jacket half price at the moment (M&L only)
HERE

A bargain for an absolutely brilliant waterproof jacket.

wPerfromJkt1b.jpg

Top Bottom