Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
Nope, PR/Marketing uses very precise definitions, frame is the frame only, the fork is separate. Together it is a frameset, which may or may not also include other odds and end like headset, derailleur hanger, bottle cage bolts etc. it is still very light though!

wintergreen

outlash

also available in orange
In laymans terms whats the difference between the evo and evo hi mod

I believe the hi mod has some kind of seatpost 'suspension' like the ISO decoupler on the Trek to make it a little more comfy. Don't quote me on that, but I think that's one of the things. It's very much a proper race frame though, as used by the Cannondale team.

Tony.

Zee

Veteran
Hi-mod is higher modulus carbon fibre, giving it more strength per given weight that the "normal" modulus in the Evo, so Cannondale uses less fibre creating a lighter frame. Also more expensive, naturally.

Synapse is their rough terrain frame but Cannondale hasn't got a seatpost decoupler in their range IIRC

outlash

also available in orange
Hi-mod is higher modulus carbon fibre, giving it more strength per given weight that the "normal" modulus in the Evo, so Cannondale uses less fibre creating a lighter frame. Also more expensive, naturally.

Synapse is their rough terrain frame but Cannondale hasn't got a seatpost decoupler in their range IIRC

My understanding is that CF frames use a mix of fibre types and the higer the modulus, while it's stiffer & lighter but it's more brittle so it gets used only in certain areas. I'm fairly sure the frames do have some kind of system for more comfort at the seat tube/top tube junction a la the decoupler, happy to be proved wrong on that. Still a lush frame.

Tony.

Top Bottom