Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Lots and lots of bundles of High5 gels and energy bars in the bargain bin in the bike section at Halfords in Halifax today.
I got a bundle of 10 energy bars for £5.00, less 10% BC discount - great value when the bars are normally £1.19 each. Best before dates are 09/16 so all good there too.
Apparently they're clearing the way for a revamped range, so there may be similar bargains to be had at other stores.

busdennis

Veteran
10% of gears, drivetrain and brakes of at Ribble. Build your own groupset in your basket and receive 10% off. put the same items in your basket as a groupset and pay full price, crazy really. total savings = £30 or so for a 105, 11 speed groupset

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I think this has almost certainly been mentioned before, but if you're planning a purchase from Halfords don't forget the Morrisons fuel saver offer.

http://www.morrisonsfuelsaver.co.uk/gift-card-partners/halfords

Buy a Halfords* gift card in Morrisons and you get a voucher for 1p/litre off fuel for every £10 value on the gift card.

So, get a £50 gift card to spend on a couple of tyres (for example) and get 5p/litre off your next tank of petrol - or get £1,000 worth of gift cards to spend on that fancy new bike you've been looking at and get £1.00/litre off.

* - they do gift cards for lots of other retailers, but Halfords is the most bike related one...;)

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Halfords Bilston have lots of clothing on the clearance rail. Saw a womans Boardman Waterproof (water not wind) for £15.
I was tempted even as a man :laugh:
Why does the marketing as a woman's model if it fits and the colour is acceptableto you? You may find it too short on body or arms but otherwise, can't see the issue. As a tall woman, I've often had to buy 'men's' jackets etc

adamhearn

Veteran
Why does the marketing as a woman's model if it fits and the colour is acceptableto you? You may find it too short on body or arms but otherwise, can't see the issue. As a tall woman, I've often had to buy 'men's' jackets etc
The zip side swap would annoy me. I have a normal jacket from the US with the same 'problem'.

Top Bottom