Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
Planet X Pro Carbon frame. 35% off until 23rd Feb brings it down to about £237. Code PXLIQUID35

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXPCRFF/planet-x-pro-carbon-road-frameset

Anyone ridden one of these before? Quite tempted to do a self-build at that price as was thinking of splashing out on new wheels anyway

Just had a quick look, I didn't realise it was so heavy. The CAAD10 disc frames that Evans are knocking out for roughly the same price are almost a third lighter.

gareth01244

Veteran
Those caad10 disc framesets seem to have disappeared from the Evans site.

Postmanhat

Just had a quick look, I didn't realise it was so heavy. The CAAD10 disc frames that Evans are knocking out for roughly the same price are almost a third lighter.

The Planet X is about £130 cheaper with the flash discount on till the 23rd. Plus they're calliper brakes which I'm sticking with for the moment

outlash

also available in orange
Ah, you've got to add the code PXLIQUID35 at the check out. That brings it down to £214.49 (from £329) which is a ridiculous price for a frame of any material.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Looks a nice frame ,
For £214 i might just bite and have my 540 stripped down and rebuilt on carbon frame. Makes more sense then burning it on 105 5800s
Looks a nice frame, lighter than my alloy boardman , i think the way to go for a " new " bike in the future will be a frame like this and do a part transfer as the frame and shifters are about the only original thing left :smile:
Edit
Only 1 bottle cage mount on a small which is a bit naff.

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Looks a nice frame ,

Looks a nice frame, lighter than my alloy boardman , i think the way to go for a " new " bike in the future will be a frame like this and do a part transfer as the frame and shifters are about the only original thing left :smile:
Edit
Only 1 bottle cage mount on a small which is a bit naff.

though with that said, I had a look at the bikes that Planet X had that used the same frame and to be honest, It only shaves off around 1.5Kg. (stock 540 is about 9.5Kg - stock Pro carbon about 8.0-8.1Kg) can 1.5kg be classed as a big saving? Of course when it comes to climbing, racing or enduro runs every gram matters depending how hardcore you are :tongue:

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends how heavy you are too. I like a lighter frame as it makes it easier to carry, but actual riding given my body weight I doubt it makes diddly difference! My first roadbike is probably the lightest in my stable as I started with carbon

400bhp

Guru
though with that said, I had a look at the bikes that Planet X had that used the same frame and to be honest, It only shaves off around 1.5Kg. (stock 540 is about 9.5Kg - stock Pro carbon about 8.0-8.1Kg) can 1.5kg be classed as a big saving? Of course when it comes to climbing, racing or enduro runs every gram matters depending how hardcore you are :tongue:

1.5 kg is around a 15-20% saving so that's quite a lot. Handling and feel will play a large part too.

Postmanhat

Planet X Pro Carbon frame. 35% off until 23rd Feb brings it down to about £237. Code PXLIQUID35

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXPCRFF/planet-x-pro-carbon-road-frameset

Anyone ridden one of these before? Quite tempted to do a self-build at that price as was thinking of splashing out on new wheels anyway

Went up to their main store in Sheffield today as wanted to check the size, and picked one up for £227. The medium is 54.5 top tube and 49 down tube. Seemed about right for me at 5'10" after having a go on the rollers. Looking to spend about £300 on wheels and the rest will be spares/swaps and ebay. My first carbon frame, can't wait to build it up and get going. Though I now have a black summer bike, and white winter one :wacko:

Very busy there. Selling a lot of CX bikes which seems odd at this time of year

Top Bottom