Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
£18 with BC discount..... not that it interests me as I don't wear one......can of worms :laugh:

SpokesT

Not that particular one, but I have a couple of carbon cages from China (via eBay) and they've done their job admirably for the last couple of years.

Bit have they actually been made of carbon fibre? Iffy carbon frames and rims, no no no all day long, but what can go wrong with a cage? Lol

Anyone on here ever bought any of these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262225407049

On Evans they're £45, and cosmetically different. I'm mainly wondering if the fleabay ones are really carbon in which case they are superb vfm
I did the calculations a while ago, but the difference between carbon cages and plastic ones is of the order of 10g. So you get the same effect by reducing the contents of your water bottle by 2 teaspoons.

Buy them if you like them.

Edit: there it is. One teaspoon of water

SpokesT

I did the calculations a while ago, but the difference between carbon cages and plastic ones is of the order of 10g. So you get the same effect by reducing the contents of your water bottle by 2 teaspoons.

Buy them if you like them.

Edit: there it is. One teaspoon of water

Great answer for the weight freaks but I'm thinking more of aesthetics as well as durability. I've got some plastic Clarkes ones on one of my bikes and they're scratched to buggery and look rubbish now, but maybe that's more because they're white not black

Svendo

Guru
I was tempted myself but guess what? None available for delivery or pick up!
I had a couple of white carbon <20g cages from ebay, turned out tone bontrager xxx copies (they'd photoshopped out the logos on the listing). I think they were around £10 each.The weight was right, but one was too narrow and snapped as soon as i put a bottle in. I don't recall how the second one broke, but i never used them and raised a dispute and got a refund. I suspect they wouldn't have lasted long in use, the quality seemed 'poor'. You pays your money and takes your chances

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
I use plastic ones from Tesco of all places, they're cheap, light, fit for purpose and to be fair they don't look too bad.

£45 for a carbon bottle cage?? Taking the wee wee........

If you are wanting a new bike check out Edinburgh Bicycle Co-Op. They are giving you 15% of your bike value to spend on accessorries and clothing.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom