Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
- time there was a set of standard sizing dimensions that retailers / manufacturers had to comply and which included torso length.
You sure about this? Is it not more to do with a greater variety of junk-fuelled body dimensions. And some retailers indulging in vanity sizing?
Also, different countries, which make stuff for all over the place, have their own often bizarre cycling sizing conventions - notably Italy.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Foska have a sale on at the moment. Jersey's from £23 HERE

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Wiggle currently have the Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow Saddle for £52.99. Price was dropped to £62.99 last week and i got evanscycles to pricematch. checked the price again and found out it had dropped another £10 so ordered another at the lower price and will get the first one refunded as it looked a little dirty anyway.

Do note this is only for the white version The Black still retails at just under £69

I saved about £16

::EDIT::

And i realise this is not a super super hot bargain. but £52 is better than £69

Last edited:

Sixmile

Veteran
Mine arrived a couple of days ago and got round to trying them on last night, for £20 they are a right bargain.

Ordered a jacket and some bid tights and I think the quality is excellent.

Is the sizing true? I think it's about time I just bought a pair!

IBarrett

Über Member
Those who have the Polaris bib shorts could you offer some advice on sizing.
I'm between L and XL as a 42" chest and 34" waist but long bodied so which would you recommend - I'm leaning towards XL and having a bit of breathing room so does this sound right?

ACS

Legendary Member
I'm between L and XL as a 42" chest and 34" waist but long bodied so which would you recommend - I'm leaning towards XL and having a bit of breathing room so does this sound right?

I'm of a similar stature. I ordered 'L' and find fit to be snug but not uncomfortable or restrictive. Being on a bit of quest to lose some weight, tired of being left be hind when the route get 'scenic', I think given a little time the fit will be just right.
I have an older pair in XL and find them to be a little long in the leg and prone to gathering around groin but again acceptable.
If you like a more relaxed fit may be the 'XL' may be the safer option.

IBarrett

Über Member
Thanks @ACS and I'm with you on your quest brother. I'm strong up hills but it still does my head in when racing snakes tonk past me. I mentally stick a leg out and trip them up on the way past ;-)

I'm also with you on the snug fit and its horrible when shorts get all rucked up so I'll try the 'L' too and it might help me get my fat 'arris a little slimmer.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

I'm 44 chest and 36 waist and got the XL which were a great fit everywhere except the lower thighs where they were a bit baggy, to the extent the silicon grippers didn't grip so they had to go back. I'd suggest the L size might be better for you.

Some good prices on tents here from a quality manufacturer.

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/sale/

Terra Nova is the more expensive brand used by the same folks behind Wild Country if I have it right.

If I have read their grading system properly on "used", I reckon anything other than used grade C will be all fine and dandy.

Top Bottom