Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jackmaster

Regular
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE Vaude karakorum 68 litre massive pannier bag £70.83 Salsa (Red) only

Be quick!

looks like a bargain jack and top quality fittings.

Curiously the description doesn't say if it is all waterproof - top bag not I assume as it seems to have a separate cover.

Venod

Eh up
The Oxfam shop in York has a Genisis Crox De Fer Tourer for £150 it needs a bit of clean up but looks worth it, the ticket said its a 50cm but it has a sloping top tube, the seat was set about right for me at 5' 10" with 32" inside leg, it was quite high so a lot of adjustment down is available, it had three spare spokes on one of the seat stays.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The Oxfam shop in York has a Genisis Crox De Fer Tourer for £150 it needs a bit of clean up but looks worth it, the ticket said its a 50cm but it has a sloping top tube, the seat was set right for about me 5' 10" with 32" inside leg, it was quite high so a lot of adjustment down is available, it had three spare spokes on the one of the seat stays.

that could well be a bargain and a half , wish it was nearer

The Oxfam shop in York has a Genisis Crox De Fer Tourer for £150 it needs a bit of clean up but looks worth it, the ticket said its a 50cm but it has a sloping top tube, the seat was set right for about me 5' 10" with 32" inside leg, it was quite high so a lot of adjustment down is available, it had three spare spokes on one of the seat stays.

so who has it on reserve?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

fixedfixer

Veteran
Notice Aldi had these rear camera/lights. Anyone used one? I don't expect hi spec for under £40 but was wondering if they were worth a punt.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Notice Aldi had these rear camera/lights. Anyone used one? I don't expect hi spec for under £40 but was wondering if they were worth a punt.

They have only been able to pre-order since this morning. I have ordered one, if it is crap I will take it back. I have a sneaky suspicion that they will sell like hotcakes to people such as me not willing to spend money on the original Fly6.

fixedfixer

Veteran
[QUOTE 4970788, member: 45"]Do you know whether they record on a loop?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that. Just says 6 hours - nothing about loop but that's usually standard with dashcams and I expect it is a similar chip inside these. Comes with an 8gb card so that's a bonus. Assume it charges by usb rather than replaceable / rechargeable batteries.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
[QUOTE 4970788, member: 45"]Do you know whether they record on a loop?[/QUOTE]

I will do after it arrives :laugh: - that is the one bit of information not shown on the website. Other cameras made by Maxtek do loop recording, so I have high hopes for this.

fixedfixer

Veteran
Looking forward to your feedback once you have used it. Post a clip of the video so we can see quality if that's possible. Being from Scotland I'm not paying fly6 prices and if I can avoid a £40 mistake by reading your advice I will. I'll stand towards the back of he line on this one :rolleyes:

RufusA

Über Member
The sim card looks a little exposed for winter use.
I think the big slot is to hold the light mounting strap.
The microSD card slot appears to have a waterproof(ish) rubber cover:

Bikemate-Camera-And-Bike-Light-C.jpg

Top Bottom