Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hit the aldi specials laxt night.
base layer top is thin but lovely u der my cycling top today.
Got my size 12s into the neoprene shoe covers. Seem well made.
winter mens tights are just that but feel great.
i avoided n+1 syndrome on the lights

geopat

Über Member
I bought the Aldi winter gloves, merino snood and winter tights.

Wore the tights and as per above post, they are tight. Maybe size up would be wise. I also found the pad was too front biased. Hopefully they'll loosen up a bit.

I looked at the winter jersey but the pockets were too small for all my bits and pieces.

stalagmike

Enormous member
Starting to think we have reached peak Aldi in terms of cycling related purchases:whistle: , merino stuff maybe all thats worth buying ?
I was in my Aldi today. No merino tops in my size or I would have got another. Picked up some muc off and wet lube for 1.99 each, so happy with that.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
I see the Carnac Notus Helmet is on sale at Planet X aswell at £23.95 with delivery. Is that a genuine bargain?
Don't wear a helmet but will need one for a sprint triathlon I am doing next April.
Is this helmet worth a punt for my peanut sized head? ^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
I see the Carnac Notus Helmet is on sale at Planet X aswell at £23.95 with delivery. Is that a genuine bargain?
Don't wear a helmet but will need one for a sprint triathlon I am doing next April.
Is this helmet worth a punt for my peanut sized head? ^_^
Only buy a helmet online if there are free returns. Don't think PX do, costs around £6 to return a helmet due to box size. Also check that you can even do so. It's not a bargain if it's no good and it costs to return

If not bothered about covering off all the safety specs, just buy something cheap locally from Asda or Lidl where you can try on. There's nothing worse than a helmet that doesn't fit!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If not bothered about covering off all the safety specs, just buy something cheap locally from Asda or Lidl where you can try on.
And if you are bothered about meeting any safety standard, why trust a helmet that's been shipped with Unexpected Package Squishers, blown up by TNT or so on?
broken-fragile-parcel.gif

(source)

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Only buy a helmet online if there are free returns. Don't think PX do, costs around £6 to return a helmet due to box size. Also check that you can even do so. It's not a bargain if it's no good and it costs to return

If not bothered about covering off all the safety specs, just buy something cheap locally from Asda or Lidl where you can try on. There's nothing worse than a helmet that doesn't fit!

Hi Vickster ,
PX don't offer free returns , you're right . I was just going to take a chance to be honest as it really did look like a bargain . Thought I could even sell it on Ebay if it didn't fit but will probably give it a miss now and see what comes along in the next few months.....
Cheers

Top Bottom