Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Code - EXTRA10 worked for another fiver off

Oh well :laugh:

J1888

Über Member
I hope so, I've just ordered them too. Couldn't find any detailed reviews, but one suggested they were good for temps around freezing.

I'm a tad confused - says they're exclusive to Cycle Surgery but Google tells me they're for sale elsewhere (online anyway) for more than £75...maybe I'm being thick

GJT

Über Member
SportPursuit are selling the Cycliq Fly 12 for £179.99. Still expensive, but worth it in my opinion. I look at purchases like this as a few months worth of petrol that I have saved by commuting on the bike. :smile:

Last edited:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
SportPursuit are selling the Cycliq Fly 12 for £179.99. Still expensive, but worth it in my opinion. I look at purchases like this as a few months worth of petrol that I have saved by commuting on the bike. :smile:

On that basis, I should be allowed to spend £5k per year on bikes, as we went from 2 cars to 1 because I started cycling to work!
I'll see what Mrs Benb says about that suggestion.

J1888

Über Member
I hope so, I've just ordered them too. Couldn't find any detailed reviews, but one suggested they were good for temps around freezing.

Just picked them up; seem like a reasonably constructed pair of bibs, i.e. I don't think the straps will wither away like my old Altura ones. The lining is very fleecy, but am sure this will be tempered a bit once they're washed. The padding is thick, VERY thick and while it claims to have two different densities, it's not the type of pad where that is evident to the naked eye.

So, for £50 I think they look OK. Will see how they hold up on the ride home

Vaude Off Road Seat pack, £14 delivered with Amazon Prime, usually around the £40-£50 mark. 10 litres, quick release

Vario-Off-Road-Bag-2011-hatizsak-taska-LA.1.jpg

Planet X winter crab hand gloves reduced to £7.60 (£11.55) including delivery. I suffer a lot with cold hands and these have been excellent for me the past few years.
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/PXLGWL/planet-x--waterproof-crab-hand-winter-glove
Look good. One problem i find with many multi-layer fleece lined glives, particularly after washing, is the liners pulling back from the fingers and being a pig to get back in. How are these on that? Fair to assume that the crab design solves this?

Sixmile

Veteran
I use the Planet X crab/lobster/mermaid gloves and I'm approaching my second winter with them. They've held up rightly and are fairly toasty. I don't like using them on the road bike though as you sacrifice 'feel' with them. On the flat bar hybrid though, they're great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom