Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Or even better in the shopping section of Bikes and buying advice where there is a thread 'Found a bargain - do tell'. They will love the heads up.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi guys, don’t know if anyone is looking to get a track pump, if you are then Halfords have the joe blow 3 on their website for £26.99. Evans Cycles are price matching and if you use quidco they have a 7% cash back offer with Evans cycles today.
BC members will get 10% off at Halfords (and quidco if click and collect). No quidco but can also get 10% off in store at Evans (no quidco as Evans require payment at time of order for C&C)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi guys, don’t know if anyone is looking to get a track pump, if you are then Halfords have the joe blow 3 on their website for £26.99. Evans Cycles are price matching and if you use quidco they have a 7% cash back offer with Evans cycles today.

You might be better posting under Bikes and Buying Advice where there's a Components section. :smile:

Or even better in the shopping section of Bikes and buying advice where there is a thread 'Found a bargain - do tell'. They will love the heads up.

Mod note:
Threads merged.

Dbt

BC members will get 10% off at Halfords (and quidco if click and collect). No quidco but can also get 10% off in store at Evans (no quidco as Evans require payment at time of order for C&C)
I’ve gone for the click and collect option loads at Evans and always pay via quidco. I also use the discount card I get through work, which saves me an extra 7%. Last time I was in store, I tried some shoes on, told the sales guy to hang on to them while I went for a coffee and ordered and paid for them through quidco. Collected them 20 minutes later.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

Attachments

• monster 2018.jpg
    monster 2018.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 26
Is that the ladies jersey? Wondering what the cut would look like on a man. Do they have short torsos?

Yes, ladies jerseys are shorter than mens and usually have capped sleeves too
google tells me that that means:

noun
  1. a sleeve extending only a short distance from the shoulder and tapering to nothing under the arm.
Must say I've never noticed. What's all that about? Why?

vickster

Legendary Member
google tells me that that means:

noun
  1. a sleeve extending only a short distance from the shoulder and tapering to nothing under the arm.
Must say I've never noticed. What's all that about? Why?
I mean more that the sleeves are shorter on a women's tee or jersey than a men's one. Maybe 3 inches below the shoulder rather than to the elbow (I have men's and women's jerseys and this certainly is the case)

I guess it's a more feminine cut

Last edited:
Planet X RT-58 alloy frameset, £99. Room for 28mm tyres, mudguard mounts, 27.2mm seatpost, BSA bottom bracket. Great budget build or winter bike. Shame that there are no rack mounts as well.

You do have to budget also for headset, BB cable guide, seatpost clamp which are often supplied with framesets, I sourced these parts for less than £20, the BB guide was £1 from PX, the headset £11.48 from Wiggle and the clamp £3 from Wiggle

Ordered the blue one

View attachment 390864
Now down to £89

Top Bottom