Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kajjal

Guru
LBS was saying his 2019 bike catalogues don't have prices next to the bikes, which is a bit useless by their estimation. Might be a good time to top up on consumables, he was saying as prices were increasing/stock dropping on chains and all the rest.

You can do a rough calculation based on US prices, a safe exchange rate to the pound and the normal rough price points the manufacturers aim at. If brexit hits the uk again there will likely be another significant price hike like after the referendum for components with the same for bikes unless they drop component specs a lot. There will be a delay if this happens due to any currency hedging they have in place. The dropping of stock levels is just to reduce risk, all being well they can rapidly import new stock.

Milzy

Guru
The price of low spec bikes is ridiculous now never mind decent ones. I’m also seeing more BSO’s than ever in the city centres.
Burn fat not oil.

Sixmile

Veteran
Those with BC membership can get 30% off the new See Sense Ace rear light making it £31.50

ace_productshots2_2000x.jpg

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/m...1003-membership-static-30--off-at-See-Sense-0

wonderloaf

Veteran
Already got one, can’t justify a second, can I?
My thoughts as well but I've just laid out a wad of cash on a Ti bike, so don't think it would go down well with the accountant!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Is it just me or are really good bargains on Wiggle and CRC increasingly rare?.

A few days ago, CRC were offering original Schwalbe Marathons in 26" MTB sizes for £12.99 a pop. I ordered a couple for stock, even though I've got some recent Delta Cruiser+ fitted to one of my old Raleighs that have got very little wear on them. The Marathons were only about a quid each more than the DC+, and if accounts on here are to be believed a set of Marathons should be good for several thousand miles.

Trickedem

Guru
Went to my local Halfords in Chatham today. They had a Kryptonite New York lock for £20 in the bargain bucket. These are normally about £60-£70, so probably worth a look.

Mike_P

Guru
Those with BC membership can get 30% off the new See Sense Ace rear light making it £31.50
Unconvinced over some of the blurb applying to the rear light, and not convinced that its much better for the front light - how would they know I was approaching a junction when its got no extra lights than the rest of the street. If its somehow through Garmin GPS that's definitely no go as my Garmin can track way off couse once trees are nearby.

Unconvinced over some of the blurb applying to the rear light, and not convinced that its much better for the front light - how would they know I was approaching a junction when its got no extra lights than the rest of the street. If its somehow through Garmin GPS that's definitely no go as my Garmin can track way off couse once trees are nearby.
:smile:

Nebulous

Guru

It may take some time before we find out what it does. Delivery targets have been hopelessly optimistic and there isn't an android app yet. The lights have some 'quirks' such as going off and refusing to go back on again until they've been plugged into a usb.

They may well fulfill a lot of their potential, but they are someway away yet and have been released as a part-developed project rather than a final product.

Top Bottom