Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
Fair do's - wasn't being entirely serious - important info I guess for folks who have a need for these bikes - I guess to me it is a term that smacks of petrolhead macho stuff. I'm still getting to grips with sorting dodgy shifting on my triple.

The torque figures are important for hub motors, because the power isn't going through different gears like they are with crank drive motors. Although these CD motors also vary in how much torque they put out.
As road legal Ebikes are restricted in their power to 250W, what torque each motor puts out is an important consideration.
I also have self build Ebike, that has a front hub motor with only 25nm torque, and its hopeless on anything more than a slight incline.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
image.jpeg
These Lezyne 1100i loaded front lights are back in stock at Pro Bike Kit. I bought one last time they were on offer and they are excellent. They come with an additional power pack which massively extends the run time.
I get around 1hr 15 mins of full beam from the built in battery then I plug in the power pack for another 2 hours on full beam (I've only used it on full for 2 hours in total).
Cash back via Quidco too.
https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cyclin...=thgppc&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I’ve only tested it off road on full power where I need the full 1100 lumens, it will run at 450 lumens for 2hrs 50mins and with the battery pack 9hrs. Or you can run it on a 150 lumen flash or pulse mode for 57 hours in total.
IMO its a really good buy.

One question for you @Spiderweb how long is the supplied cable that goes between the light and the battery pack please

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Shame as that's not long enough to go along the top tube and under the saddle
It's meant to strap to the top tube (it has a rubber pad that sits against the frame) but it would be a good idea to have a longer lead so it could strap under the seat or even into a seat pack or saddle bag.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
It's meant to strap to the top tube (it has a rubber pad that sits against the frame) but it would be a good idea to have a longer lead so it could strap under the seat or even into a seat pack or saddle bag.
Does it use a generic micro-USB cable? You can get long cheap cables from a large online store that feature singing boxes in their adverts (which doesn’t freak me out at all...) and ships worldwide.

Not a great idea to use usb plugins on a bike as I understand. The usb connection isn't designed for the weather or vibration/movement issues. Likely to bugger up the connection. Solution? Chuck it away.

Top Bottom