Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
thanks for the reply - yes "bouncy" is not a good idea - it's a very subtle calculation between firm and soft to get a saddle just right. I sometimes wonder (dream?) if the better more dedicated bike saddle researchers (as opposed to the gimmicky "why not" folk) have a series of standard arses to conduct their experiments with. Must say I generally have the idea that selle royal have something like mine locked away in the lab.

Selle Royal's masterpiece was a "lookin" from the turn of the century. Ever since they have been messing with it.

will be off to Lidl tomorrow,

I also have a Selle Royal on my Raleigh Pioneer ebike, the bike came with this saddle when i bought it new. This SR doesn't look anything special, cant even find a model name on it, but its supremely comfortable.

Halfords have lowered their price to match this, so you may be able to get another 10% BC discount as well

broady

Veteran
Screenshot_20190718-110023_Samsung Internet.jpg
Not the best offer from SIS with no products.
Might be good later...

Halfords have reduced some of their Wiggins junior bikes. £150 ish off some of their Rouen road bikes, bringing them down to £150 - 200 ish. No idea if these are any good but seems a decent price cut.

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs...s+bikes&mode=Grid&sort=price_for_ranking+desc

Wiggins bikes are spot on - they're amazing bang for buck compared to Isla and Frog. :okay: I should know, I ride both a Rouen roadie (650c) and a Chartres 26 hybrid. :blush:

They're not as common as you might think, and I find that both of mine turn heads. :biggrin:

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I didn't even know they sold them - my local small Halfords only does the Boardman ones - I just saw this on a deals site and thought I'd pass it on. Presume you could try one at a big branch then have it home delivered or pick up at your local Halfords. Must admit they look very smart and at the reduced price seem much better value than similar priced bikes from say Argos.

A lot of the smaller ones don't, and some larger branches won't hold the full range, but I'm sure click & collect applies to the bikes as it does to other stuff. The Wiggins bikes are definitely many, many cuts above what Argos sell; at the full price they're pushing £400 and are well made and well specced for the money.

Alas, at my height (4ft 11) there's not a great deal of choice unless you've got megabucks to spend, and a lot of the smallest ladies' frames are still too big anyway. I've had my Rouen for nearly three years now, and until I got the Chartres tail end of March, it was my only (rideable) bike. It's been pressed into everything; leisure rides, commuting, touring and it's held up brilliantly.

The way I see it, is that they're like the Skodas of the bike world - competitively priced and unassuming but somehow stonkingly good. And yes, I do drive a Skoda LOL

Top Bottom