Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:

avecReynolds531

Veteran

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Am I the only one who finds their bib shorts over-padded at the front? On a ride they're uncomfortable. :ohmy:
I reckon bibs & pads are pretty much like saddles in that it's individual - one person's comfort is another person's discomfort.

If I was doing long days, I'd reach for the old Assos Mille (with orange pad) as first choice, followed closely by either the Exteondo or Moa bibs I have.

You've done PBP & LEL (kudos), so definitely know about being comfortable on the bike.

vickster

Legendary Member

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Assos seem to be true to size according to the chart ? Large does seem to cover what would normally be XL for me ? Anyway still expensive lol

You don't need to size up (in my experience) & they are sometimes cheaper here https://www.swissiconic.com/
Am I the only one who finds their bib shorts over-padded at the front? On a ride they're uncomfortable. :ohmy:
I have 1 pair & was a little underwhelmed with them after all the hype, but they seem to suit some saddles more than others, so it's probably down to personal preferance & your saddle choice :okay: I've also recently purchased a pair of Rapha shorts at a reasonable price, but for me Santini & Ale & the still the most comfortable o think I'll stick with them for now 👍

vickster

Legendary Member
You don't need to size up (in my experience) & they are sometimes cheaper here https://www.swissiconic.com/

I have 1 pair & was a little underwhelmed with them after all the hype, but they seem to suit some saddles more than others, so it's probably down to personal preferance & your saddle choice :okay: I've also recently purchased a pair of Rapha shorts at a reasonable price, but for me Santini & Ale & the still the most :laugh:comfortable o think I'll stick with them for now 👍
Ale women sizes are ridiculous, I doubt I would have fitted in the largest aged 8 :laugh:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Ale women sizes are ridiculous, I doubt I would have fitted in the largest aged 8 :laugh:
Mrs SD is just under 5' & around 7 stone nowadays, she was over the moon when she fit into some Ale kids shorts (size age 12) much cheaper than adults. I probably last fit into aged 12 clothes around 1976 when I was 8 :blush:

Top Bottom