FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it is. The film is called Zardoz. Google at your peril

Zardoz ends in a wordless sequence of images accompanied by the sombre second movement (allegretto) of Beethoven's Seventh Symphony. Zed and Consuella, dressed in matching green suits and having fallen in love, then sit next to each other in the cave-like stone head and age in time-lapse. A baby boy appears, matures and leaves his parents. The couple eventually decompose into skeletons and finally nothing remains in the space but painted hand-prints on the wall and Zed's Webley-Fosbery revolver.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
1986036 said:
Can I lead the calls of heartfelt thanks that you didn't?
I might be able to save up for one in time for the Normandy tour next year.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just read the synopsis of Zardoz - so bad it's good maybe.

Zardoz teaches:
The gun is good. The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was, but the gun shoots death, and purifies the Earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth ... and kill!

U

User10571

it is. The film is called Zardoz. Google at your peril

Zardoz ends in a wordless sequence of images accompanied by the sombre second movement (allegretto) of Beethoven's Seventh Symphony. Zed and Consuella, dressed in matching green suits and having fallen in love, then sit next to each other in the cave-like stone head and age in time-lapse. A baby boy appears, matures and leaves his parents. The couple eventually decompose into skeletons and finally nothing remains in the space but painted hand-prints on the wall and Zed's Webley-Fosbery revolver.

I remember going to see that as a t**nager. Most of the girls of my acquaintance (and they were 'girls') were fascinated, at some point during the film, by being able to see Sean C's c*ck.
I, reluctantly, was unable to share in their fascination.

Shaken not stirred, User10571 was trusted even then. His 'fascinator' assuaged the company he kept, at every opportunity.

beatrice-catflap-hat.jpg

Another hairy fascinator...of sorts.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I remember going to see that as a t**nager. Most of the girls of my acquaintance (and they were 'girls') were fascinated, at some point during the film, by being able to see Sean C's c*ck.
I, reluctantly, was unable to share in their fascination.
you, by contrast, were entirely unmoved by the appearance of Charlotte Rampling.....

U

User10571

It's time for this discussion to return to the topic of Felpham.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Southern decide to see sense regarding bike bans:

Link
Off topic but only a week ago I got this reply from Southern and I'm going to avoid Sloven Trains as much as I can in the future. Balance used to justify blanket bike bans! Cretins.

Thank you for contacting us on 2 August 2012 regarding our cycle policy during the Olympics.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with these arrangements. We run an extremely busy network and the trains we operate have been designed to provide the maximum number of seats as well as accessible toilets and wheelchair spaces. As such our trains are designed in such a way as to attempt to balance the available spaces according to the various requirements of those using the service including commuters, airport users and leisure travellers.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think they've learnt a lesson. The expected rush of passengers didn't materialise. The gateline staff got bored with the idea. Bikes went hither, thither and yon. What does make sad reading is the reference to accessible toilets - those of us who, accompanying bikes, travel by those toilets know how frequently they are locked shut or lack water, soap and paper towels.

thom

____
Simon, just wanted to check if the Thom F on the list is (as I hope) myself or another as I don't recall signing up yet ? If not, can I be added as well please ?

Top Bottom