FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ha. The voice of reason, Adrian excepted.

It would appear that I've broken four bones, not one. So that'll be no chance of doing this, then. And three more weeks in an air cast.

Has anyone got any good books?
Hi Andrew,
Just before my hip op, one kind CCer sent me a book about bloke who lost his limbs. How thoughtful:smile:
I can pass it on!

martint235

Dog on a bike
1996899 said:
I've got a copy of Touching the void I could add to that. He didn't wimp out when it got a bit ouchy.
Yep I think that's the way to go.

Wobblers

Euthermic
1996899 said:
I've got a copy of Touching the void I could add to that. He didn't wimp out when it got a bit ouchy.

It's not the wimping out when it gets a bit ouchy, it's the expression on Simon's face when I very slowly hobble across the off-road bit. Not to mention having to explain to the hospital consultant how my ankle became so mysteriously worse...

Wobblers

Euthermic
That's unlucky, Andrew...not even you deserve that! :smile: Send me a pm with your address then...

A very kind offer, but I dare not take you up on that - I don't need another excuse not to finish the blatherings about Constant Phase Elements I was supposed to have completed last week!

Tell you what, you can have the pint MacB owes me :thumbsup:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Is anyone riding to HPC from Stoke Newington or thereabouts? The Lovely Amy is coming on this ride but isn't used to cycling round London alone and would be glad of guidance and company.

Andrij

Über Member
Is anyone riding to HPC from Stoke Newington or thereabouts? The Lovely Amy is coming on this ride but isn't used to cycling round London alone and would be glad of guidance and company.

If no one is coming through that part of town, I can detour up in that direction - it's not that far.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
If no one is coming through that part of town, I can detour up in that direction - it's not that far.
That's very kind of you, Andrij - thanks.

Tim Hall

And in other news, we split the rear rim on the Pino today. This may have an adverse effect on our completing the ride. As will my discovery that the rear rear rim on the Mercian is down to its wear marks.

U

User10571

And in other news, we split the rear rim on the Pino today. This may have an adverse effect on our completing the ride. As will my discovery that the rear rear rim on the Mercian is down to its wear marks.
Ahh.
Good.
So long as it's nothing serious....

Ulp!

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Also in other news, I am now the proud owner of a large chainring with 47 teeth. It used to have 48 teeth. I am hoping to acquire a shiny new replacement one with added goodness of 48 teeth before Friday. I mean, 47 is such a strange number, and Adrian might not talk to me. And TimO might make a comment about the mathematical signficance of such a number. One would feel so inadequate.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Forty-seven is the fifteenth prime number, a safe prime, the thirteenth supersingular prime, and the sixth Lucas prime. Forty-seven is a highly cototient number. It is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form
2b4b25ae28db33e59b9f6fef6fd5bcee.png
It is a Lucas number. Because its digits appear as successive terms earlier in the series of Lucas numbers: 2, 1, 3, 4, 7, 11, 18, 29, 47… ; it is also a Keith number.
And, more pertiently the atomic mass of titanium is 47.

(I can wikigoogle too)

Top Bottom