FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Am proud to have a 48 teeth chainring now. For merely £45 from On Your Bike in Tooley Street near London Bridge station. It was the first bike shop I went into on the way to work. They had the right ring and it was there so I bought it. The website of SJS Cycles, who built the bike, said it would be £32 plus postage but I was unsure of the reliability of the postage peeps and I needed it today to fit tonight as I am out tomorrow night and Thursday night I might be late and fitting it on Friday night before the ride was A Big Risk. But I thought Fridaypeeps might like to know how much things cost from some shops, and how much they cost from other shops. Just sayin', like.....

U

User10571

All this talk of chainrings, prime numbers, PCDs, BCDs, TDCs and teeth (number thereof).

There's a stunning moon in a clear sky out there tonight.
Cookin'.
Just for Friday.:thumbsup:
If I could possibly, collectively drag you all back to the raison d'etre (sp? - and accents) for the FNRttC...

EDIT: I'll try not to be late, this time

Exactly.

The ride to Bognor Felpham is probably my favourite. Partly because if there's the Dorking variation, then there's the cracking descent on the A24, and then the sublime road south, through Newdigate, and then towards Faygate, with the comical frog chorus from a golf club, the subtle rises and falls, the steep kick towards the end, before the beacon of light which is the Cabin Cafe on the A264. After then, once we leave Horsham, we're off into the wild exterior of West Sussex - Amberley, Arundel (Martin might even spot the castle), and then once more down to the restless sea.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Exactly.

The ride to Bognor Felpham is probably my favourite. Partly because if there's the Dorking variation, then there's the cracking descent on the A24, and then the sublime road south, through Newdigate, and then towards Faygate, with the comical frog chorus from a golf club, the subtle rises and falls, the steep kick towards the end, before the beacon of light which is the Cabin Cafe on the A264. After then, once we leave Horsham, we're off into the wild exterior of West Sussex - Amberley, Arundel (Martin might even spot the castle), and then once more down to the restless sea.
Ah unfortunately I'm not on this one but I have seen the castle!

mmmmartin

Random geezer
2009970 said:
This 47 tooth chainring, what BCD is it?
104mm, which is also what is was when it an unsullied 48 tooth chainring. I have replaced it with another one of 104mm, the only difference being that On Your Bike charged me 50 per cent more than SJS would have done.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Exactly.

Must you rub it in?

Not that I'm bitter or anything, but you can go off people you know... :smile:

<only ever so slightly jealous>

Tim Hall

And we get an advanced landing ground and a polish war memorial.

U

User10571

7886816466_3a130ff08e_o.jpg

Top Bottom