FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - te 'Genteel' ride to Brighton on 23rd July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
10yqmtk.jpg

The postcard greeting album can be viewed here: Excludes Paul's and Kat's contributions...

Some brilliant work there, thanks for putting them up!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Abs is right though you are a nutter!!! Are you taking the fixie to Whitstable??

If I do the ride then it'll be on the fixie!

Am tempted by a new idea though - If I take this job in London they have a Cycle2Work thing, might get myself a nice bit of carbon geared bling for rides that involve proper hills....

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm feeling a bit guilty for coming home on the train now - it was Matt and Claud that forced me to stay and drink beer although richp and Teef were a dreadful influence too. In fact there's only me that isn't to blame.
whistling.gif

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Your top speed would have been down Devils Dyke I reckon. I hit 46mph coming down there.
I was 10 miles short of it and just wanted to get home. I didn't go the easy route home via Archway though and went up my normal route through Hampstead. I did get over 5000 ft of climbing and broke my top speed somewhere during the ride when I hit 44.2mph. :biggrin: I also stopped off in Camden, just outside Regent's Park to have an icecream. :biggrin:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Your top speed would have been down Devils Dyke I reckon. I hit 46mph coming down there.

I'll have to have a look at the TCX file as the garmin speed graph doesn't show it. It could have been one of Aperitif's "Turnas Peed" down Turner's Hill.

theclaud

Openly Marxist

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Zimzum rides a bike?

And how! It's time to resurrect a memorable post...

a thousand virgins are weaving a red carpet at this very moment. Palm trees are being felled. The Archbish of Canterbury is looking out his best frock. The Great Wen's most fashionable clubs, lately fallen upon hard times, are being revamped in the hope of surfing the Zimmer Wave of Cool. The Red Arrows are refueling - likewise the Metropolis' gossip columnists. The paps are polishing their lenses.

There is one portion of London's millions who dread The Return. The cyclists. No longer will they be able to tour Regents Park safe in the delusion that they are a little faster than the other guy. They know the score. Birds clear from the trees. Police whistles sound frantically. The wind falls, and then a smell of cordite and a streak of smoking rubber on molten tarmac. They've been 'framed'.

hatler

Guru
Well done you!
EXIF details are helping me fill in the blanks...Adrian looks perfectly at ease - a man content with his lot. And I love the picture of Joe!
Yup, a big smile. He was feeling pretty pleased with himself after that. Only one 10 second stop on the way up. He definitely earned his KOTM shirt.

Top Bottom