Fridge Freezer Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Flipping freezer has packed up :angry:

Found out last night that it had decided to thaw out all the food in it. I fully defrosted it and filled it and switched it on. The motor kicked in and started chilling.

Came home just now and it's not working right. Unfrozen food :evil:.

I moved it and poked it, not that there is much to poke and the motor kicked in for a bit but has now stopped again.

Any ideas? There isn't much to poke and faff about with is there? Not much I can do in the way of fettling it?

It's 5 year old or so, Brandt is the make. A friend will lend me a chest freezer for the meantime, but from your experience are they repairable? :angry:

Friend all I can say it is time to go shopping for a new freezer.

Sorry mate

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It probably is fixable but seems unlikely to be able to be fixed speedily and quickly. I hope it doesn't turn out too much of a nuisance either way :evil:.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
:evil:

Just phoned insurance and I put £100 excess on the policy. My cooking is good, but not that good :angry:.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Will Potato and Cauliflower curry do ye?

Lots of it :evil:

BYOB :angry:

longers said:
:tongue:

Just phoned insurance and I put £100 excess on the policy. My cooking is good, but not that good :sad:.

Yes but you had a very big celebration planned this weekend and you had lots of expensive imported foods in your freezer, didn't you......:biggrin::biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
longers said:
:tongue:

Just phoned insurance and I put £100 excess on the policy. My cooking is good, but not that good :biggrin:.

Would it be inappropriate to tell you to chill out? :biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
Yes, I had the same problem at the weekend. Whole freezer full of king sized prawns, smoked salmon, and large cuts of steak all went for a burton. :tongue:

No, seriously I did, but the food was slightly more varied (and cheaper).

Our fridge/freezer (a Zanussi) regularly starts beeping at us when it gets too warm or if door is left open.

It gets warm due to the condensor coils under a panel at the bottom front getting clogged up with fluff blown out from the clothes dryer (which due to the kitchen layout are placed not too intelligently opposite each other).

Don't know if yours is the same but worth a look?

Remember a fridge is a heat pump - it moves heat from a cold area to a warm one so any heat transfer will work better without any insulation. Be that ice on the inside a a fluffy condensor on the outside.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Hi Longers,
I seem to have a spare freezer in my hallway at the moment. My folks rescued it from a neighbour who no longer needed it. Not sure if they have a use for it or just felt sorry for it. If you need one quickish, let me know and we can probably sort something out, maybe as a loan until you get another.

Top Bottom