Fuel fill up to max?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yep, still cheap, currently $2.50 a gallon.
We went up Route 101 from San Francisco to Seattle nine years ago. A big Chevvy, cheap fuel, and excellent rock music on the FM. Oregon was just wonderful. Unfortunately, all the driving and motel nights took their toll. I put on 6kg of junk food fat in nine days.

Great fun though.

lazyfatgit

Fill to the top every time. Nearest fuel staion on way to work is 32km so basically needs filled when light comes on.

My next vehicle will be diesel as we intend pulling a caravan. Just dont have the budget to run a big petrol engine for the distances required here.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Always to full, and then as close to empty as I dare. My time is far too valuable to be wasted queuing for petrol stations 5 or 6 times more often than needed (based on those that put in £10 worth when a tank might take around £60 for a full fill-up). You might suggest that queuing is an exaggeration but it isn't. Since the supermarkets have effectively strangled the petrol station trade, now only the biggest, super stations exist in ever less frequent locations and these serve such large areas that there are often queues to get to the pumps. The petrol companies/supermarkets love it this way as their expensive facility is now at close to 100% utilisation for a large part of the trading hours.
Of course they might not be so crowded if there weren't so many people popping in to stick £5-10 of fuel in their tank every day......

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Guys, please do not overfill in this hot weather.
Nice trolling :thumbsup:

In other news, fill it all the way up. EVAP system takes care of expansion

rugby bloke

Veteran
Always fill it up - stopping at the garage is a pain, so why do it more often then you need to ? Luckily the car has a 75 l tank so whilst filling up takes time it does last for a fair while once done.

snorri

Legendary Member
I bought the car long before the emissions scandal became common knowledge, and believe the most environmentally friendly option would be to keep it until it collapses.
I'm beginning to regret saying that last bit, it's going in for a funny noise investigation tomorrow:sad:.
That post turned out to be eerily prophetic, I just filled the tank to the brim yesterday and today they tell me that to repair that funny noise will cost £900 but they could give me £1000 against a replacement.
Decisions decisions:sad:

My bus - fill it every time. I can think of many things to do better than waiting in queues to fill it up. Especially my wifes Zoe just plugs into the house and can be filled whilst sat in the garden. It made me realise just how much I dislike visits to the petrol station.

Top Bottom