Fuel fill up to max?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Where else would you pick up a rose for that romantic evening?

Or a refreshing beer for the journey home?

KneesUp

Guru
That post turned out to be eerily prophetic, I just filled the tank to the brim yesterday and today they tell me that to repair that funny noise will cost £900 but they could give me £1000 against a replacement.
Decisions decisions:sad:
Arse! What's making the funny noise? At that price I'm guessing it's the turbo?

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
[QUOTE 5325228, member: 9609"]and the rapidly increasing cost of fuel would suggest your money is best kept in your tank, although I suspect the extra rolling resistance due to the weight increase would work out a little more.

typically 40% of your fuel goes on rolling resistance, so an extra 30kg of fuel in a vehicle weighing 1200kg =2.5%, 40% of 2.5% =1% ~ 8000 mile per annum at 50mpg (£1.25 a litre) so that extra fuel is may be costing you £9 year to pointlessly haul about. not much really - BUT - if all 30 million cars on our roads were doing that then that works out at an astonishing 500,000 tons of CO2 pointlessly being created. (which is about the same CO2 savings of over a 100 wind turbines))[/QUOTE]

I'm no physics major but I think that bit in bold seems dubious so any inference from its calculation is probably not correct (probably, because there is a chance one can attain the correct answer but by using incorrect maths, just by chance).

Andrew_P

In between here and there
More to the point why does anyone use motorway petrol stations? £1.49 on M23 £12 extra per tank. I assume transport companies dont pay that as often see them using them.

I fill it up and have been known to test the distance to as little as two miles left.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
All that torque for a split second, then it's gone. All that noise. All that smell. All that filth from the tailpipe.

James Bond never drove a diesel. Thomas Magnum's Ferrari wasn't a diesel. Donald Trump doesn't get chauffeur driven round in a Massey Fergusson ;)

But the torque returns when the next gear is engaged. :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
Arse! What's making the funny noise? At that price I'm guessing it's the turbo?
Not the turbo, I would have remembered a 5 letter word, it was much more technical than that, something around the back wheels:sad:.

Top Bottom