Full Monty SL or London Road for commuter??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Both will benefit from a brake upgrade. BB5s are pretty horrid

Whats the actual difference? Geometry? Go try them out?

FWIW I'd get the red one

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Either or neither!

You don't say anything about your commute terrain or distance, what you are riding currently and what your requirements are (load carrying ability, fair weather cyclist, etc).

On paper at least there doesn't appear to be much between them so a lot will come down to feel when sat on the bikes. My personal preference from initial gut feeling if I were faced with a choice between just those two would be to go for the London Road. I think the Full Monty is potentially less robust as they talk more about butted tubing and less weight. I also don't like the staggered top tube/seat stay junction design, IMO it introduces a lot of unnecessary stresses in to the frame and could lead to fatigue cracks in the future. The lighter tubeset and staggered frame design of the Full Monty are not a priority I would be looking for in a hard working commuter hack so I would have more confidence in the London Road going the distance in the harsh world of commuting.

Having said that, if your commute is one and a half miles down a canal towpath I wouldn't choose either bike.

Top Bottom