Garmin Edge 800 User Guide (With Fancy Pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I save my rides to the SD Card where the main map is which the unit read fine and save the rides there, the slight annoyance is that Garmin Connect and all the other sites cannot automatic find and upload rides so I have to do a manual from file upload, anyone know if it is my file structure, it won't even do it automatic if I selct from memory card?
I've saved to SD a couple of times, it can become corrupted, however! IIRC, RWGPS, STRAVA and GC all find the fit files on my unit (the default SD storage path); RWGPS however does require me to select between the main unit and SD card on upload.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I noticed on @gaz Strava someone mentioned about the HR monitor taking time to warm up. Gaz seems to have the same. I do too but only since switching to the 800 was fine using the same strap on the 705. Anyone else notice it? I have tried two straps now with the same thing it either takes ages to get going or drops lower at the end of the ride?

Broadside

Guru
I have started noticing that the HRM takes time to come up with an accurate reading. For the first 1 or maybe 2 miles of the ride the readings are nothing like I would expect, dipping below 60bpm and then all of a sudden leap up to what I would expect and are then trustable for the remainder of the ride. I wondered if I hadn't made the chest strap sensors wet enough and it was only getting a good reading when some perspiration appeared.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
As Loco Says, I get that but only since I moved to the 800. Everything was fine with the 705 and i've not changed how I use the HRM.

Svendo

Guru
I've had the same strap (old style 'solid' type) since I got my 705, and use it now with my 800. With both of them it can sometimes take a bit to get a good 'signal' from my heart and give an accurate reading, sometimes being too low until I've sweated a bit for a connection. It can also be ridiculously high (120%+) which is apparently static from dry synthetic jerseys before the contact with the chest is good enough to dominate. It's been exactly the same with both units.
BTW, I can attest to the waterproofing, having accidentally washed the strap at 30 deg. accidentally a couple of years ago, which had no effect!

billy1561

BB wrecker
I've had spurious readings from my 800 strap which i put down to jersey flap. when wrapped up tight i have good readings but when i open the top up it goes haywire from time to time.

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yes

Is there any way of getting your present location gps co ordinates. This could be useful in the event of an accident, where you might need a lift home and your not entirely sure of your location. Or in a worse case scenario if you need the emergency services!

Cool. Tried that and i get:N52°32'06.4
Directly below that i get : W001°13'37.7
Underneath that is a circular shape showing what i presume are sattellites
underneath that are a load of numbers which presumably match up to the sattellites mentioned above. These have bars above which fluctuate.
What is my gps location ?( If you can tell from my rambling!!!)

Top Bottom