Garmin Edge 800 User Guide (With Fancy Pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
N52°32'06.4, W001°13'37.7 gives your location in degrees, minutes and seconds along the North/South and East/West axis.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
On the graph that shows your elevation. Where on the graph are you? Is it where you are going, where you have just climbed, or are you in the middle?

uclown2002

Guru
Courses:

So you've got a course off one of the map sites (or made your own) and downloaded it to the 800. It'll look something like below.

Touch the route you desire and you'll get this. Mine is zoomed in on 8mi,don't worry this is purely to show the whole route. I'll add shots of the level of detail at some point.
v2ISZ9f.png
Mp13DYt.png

Press the Spanner.
MWYWIHy.png

Map Display.
wyQOWWU.png

Press the Blue ( I )
ck4Hotg.png

Or the Graph for elevation.
GLpKVoM.png

Press Go to collect $200 :laugh:

The unit will happily navigate you along your chosen route. But if you power the unit down at a stop

YOU MUST PRESS THE START BUTTON BEFORE CONTINUING.

I tried following a downloaded course for the first time today. My settings were identical to yours. However, I got no navigation at all although I got a few warnings when I accidentally strayed off course. Do you get the course guidance on a separate page or does it appear regardless of what page is displayed? As it happens I had a good idea where I was going today but would to use it for other routes that I don't know as well.

Gary E

Veteran
When you first download a route to your 800 the default setting for navigation (Turn Guidance in settings) is 'off' you have to turn it on when you select the ride.
NOTE - you must turn it on BEFORE you press start! Once you've started the route it's too late, even if you go back into settings and turn it on it won't work for that ride. This is one of the most annoying features of the 800 and because I also have a 705 on another bike (that doesn't have this little quirk) I do it all the time :sad:

uclown2002

Guru
When you first download a route to your 800 the default setting for navigation (Turn Guidance in settings) is 'off' you have to turn it on when you select the ride.
NOTE - you must turn it on BEFORE you press start! Once you've started the route it's too late, even if you go back into settings and turn it on it won't work for that ride. This is one of the most annoying features of the 800 and because I also have a 705 on another bike (that doesn't have this little quirk) I do it all the time :sad:

That'll be it ty. Guess it doesn't matter what screen I leave it on after starting course?

david k

Hi
Anyone know the battery life on the Garmin 800 with the lighting turned all the way down, and 1 sec recording?

I had the light turned all the way up today, and the battery went from 100% to 37% after five hours. I'm taking it on a charity Solihull to Paris bike ride in a weeks time, and could have it turned on for ten hours plus, so want to know if it'll last!

Also, on the same front - if we stop for lunch, and I hit stop on the timer, and then turn the unit off, will it be able to resume from the same place when I turn it back on, or will the data have been reset and stored as a ride?

it just carries on, which i like

Top Bottom