Getting back to fitness. It begins...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Gym?!!! I'd have to pay for that!!! Not likely.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Several of the parks round here (e,g, Hebden Bridge and Todmorden) now have basic outdoor gym equipment to use free of charge. If you haven't any near you then cycle down the A646 and use the equipment here! :whistle:
Ha! I'm joking my lad's been bulking up and spent about £2k on an Olympic set and bench in the garage, I didn't know gym quality stuff was that expensive either.
My arthritis (waiting for bloods to see if it's OA or RA) has put a stop to weights I'm afraid.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
£2k - blimey!

I was having a lot of problems with painful knees until I lost weight. The pain had got so bad that I couldn't get straight up from my armchair - I had to do it indirectly via an intermediate position kneeling on the floor, and then get up from there. The problem completely went away after I lost 4 stone in weight.
It's in my shoulders and elbows, has been for years. This last 12 months it's deteriorated, that's life I s'pose.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
plan is to go out tonight. the last few days up here have been too dodgy in my current fitness state. the winds have died down enough and the flood levels have dropped.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Hooray, weather and work commitments aligned today. I managed to get out, only 15 miles but a very hilly 15 miles on the Brompton. In this atrocious weather, I'm glad to get out.
The last few weeks have been too dodgy up here, and those who know me, know I'm no fair weather cyclist. Plan to be out again tomorrow.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Keep it up! We still haven't managed to get together for any of these rides and I am busy for the next few days so it definitely will not be this week either. Nothing booked for next week yet, so I might be able to join you one day, subject to the restriction that I AM a fair weather cyclist! :laugh: (A few spells of drizzle might be ok, but strong winds/low temperatures/heavy rain - no thanks!)

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
15 miles loop very hilly over 'Crown Point' on fixed (69" for those who are interested in such things).

Going to put on winter wheels and rubber, it was very slippery up there.

Not as hard going as it should have been, which is nice.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
15 miles loop very hilly over 'Crown Point' on fixed (69" for those who are interested in such things).

Going to put on winter wheels and rubber, it was very slippery up there.

Not as hard going as it should have been, which is nice.
What happened to "I can't ride fixed any more" which you originally mentioned at the start of the thread? That seems to have suddenly disappeared! :okay:

Anyway ... that route is lumpy and Crown Point Road is very lumpy so well done!

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
What happened to "I can't ride fixed any more" which you originally mentioned at the start of the thread? That seems to have suddenly disappeared! :okay:

Anyway ... that route is lumpy and Crown Point Road is very lumpy so well done!
Had to give it a go, just to see where I was at. I missed riding fixed as well.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Well that really was fun. 35 or 38mm (cannot remember) Contact 2's @ 85psi makes the road sssssoooo much smoother. However, 48 spokes front and rear makes reality HURT!!!!

15 miles fixed @74"

No rain and no wind, the view over Burnley, as always, was beautiful.

Top Bottom