Getting back to fitness. It begins...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Just getting over a bout of real flu, brought into work by a colleague who really really should know better. The whole team was badly affected whilst under winter pressures!!

Anyway hopefully back to riding on Monday.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just getting over a bout of real flu, brought into work by a colleague who really really should know better. The whole team was badly affected whilst under winter pressures!!

Anyway hopefully back to riding on Monday.
I had a rant about that subject in another thread recently!

I'm still getting over a bad cold that I caught over Christmas and @Littgull has the same problem, but if we recover in time we are thinking of riding from Todmorden to Waddington a week tomorrow (17th). If you fancy joining us we could arrange to meet you near the Manchester Road traffic lights.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Today was measured in time 1 hour 10 minutes. I've put a Schlumpf mountain drive on (thanks to a bargain from Mickle) and needed to check that the hand crank version would work as a leg powered one (half as many pinions). So I needed a hill, a steep one.....and about a mile from my house is a well kept secret to locals. There's a smooth tarnacced access road that is easily 20% and straight and about 1/2 mile long (guess work as its only on OS maps) and the access road to the access road is windy and probably another 1 1/3 mile at 13%. Anyway it took 5 rests to get to the top due to the full head on wind, but I didn't walk!!! But I think I might do hill reps once a week as its a good safe work out and better than the turbo and I'm never more than 1 1/2 mile from home if I go through the fields. The Schlumpf seems to have held up ok.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Here's the proof!!! That's Crown Point in the distance, that's how high it gets in half mile.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I feel your pain - I am about 840 miles off my 2016 pace already!

Don't forget, if you are free for a ride on a dry day, starting after 10:00 and finishing before 16:00, let me know and I'll try to join you.
Thanks Colin, ironically since improving my work/life balance, I've bought a clinic and it needs gutting and remodelling. So I'm back to 7 days a week atm. I hope it'll be worth it, the plan being to only work 3 or 4 days a week 4 miles from home and cycle the rest.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks Colin, ironically since improving my work/life balance, I've bought a clinic and it needs gutting and remodelling. So I'm back to 7 days a week atm. I hope it'll be worth it, the plan being to only work 3 or 4 days a week 4 miles from home and cycle the rest.
Well that certainly excuses your lack of cycling!

Good luck with the new venture. :okay:

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Well, a massive leap of faith taken for the sake of my health and emotional wellbeing. The biggest promotion and pay rise of my current career binned. Like my wife says, just gotta have faith in my skills.

So as from tomorrow I'm down to 1 day contract, 1 day ad hoc and the rest in the clinic getting it up and running.

Which means I'll be able to fit in some riding, honest guv!

Top Bottom