Giant contend SL1 disc vs Ribble endurance sl disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

Not really. There’s a few you tubers who have those bikes and rave about them. Unfortunately all bike prices have increased recently.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
As above stop procrastinating.. Prices are going to continue rising, the Ribble CX I paid £1139 for is now £1399 for absolutely no reason, the spec is identical.

You're going to talk about buying bikes until the options are well out of budget..

Reactions: DRM
OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

I plan to decide by the end of the weekend and order something at the start of the week. There is no perfect bike especially at my budget so I just have to decide what will best suit my needs. Had the Giant still been £1499 I would’ve went for that no question but the price increase has annoyed me and lessened the value of the bike. PX is a bit of a curveball to be honest. They seem to be to good to be true with what you get for the price. That’s what is causing my confusion on what to go for.

vickster

Legendary Member
What can you get locally? Do you have a relationship with an LBS? Eg the Giant? Can you perhaps negotiate a discount or some free mudguards of something to make the cost more palatable?

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

Nothing in stock locally unfortunately so it will be an online purchase. One annoying thing with the Giant is the cable on the front fork leading to the brake callipers. Looks untidy in my opinion. Also read a lot of negative opinions on the pressfit bottom brackets that it comes with.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nothing in stock locally unfortunately so it will be an online purchase. One annoying thing with the Giant is the cable on the front fork leading to the brake callipers. Looks untidy in my opinion. Also read a lot of negative opinions on the pressfit bottom brackets that it comes with.
Buy something else then, I’m sure the Spa above has a proper BB?

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

I need to stop looking at bikes! I’ve been looking at the PX pro carbon as a possible alternative to the Giant. Again the lack or reviews/info online is quite frustrating though.

DRM

Guru
Looking at the Spa Elan, the website says all bikes are built to order so specification can be changed to suit the customers requirements, you can have various drive train options for starters, it'll be truly bespoke.

Top Bottom