Giant Defy2 derailleur attachment - help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IBarrett

Über Member
I've boxed up a bike to send to Spain and noticed the rear derailleur is only attached to the frame with one small screw right in the middle, then it relys on the wheel/frame/skewer bolting everything tight.
There is what looks like another space for a screw towards the back but there is nothing in it and its not obvious anything ever has been. If it had been broken I'd expect to see a remnant of some kind sat in the threads but I can see right through.

I appreciate this is a messy job but if someone could check their Defy2 and tell me how the detailleur is attached I would appreciate it.

The derailleur is Shimano Tiagra so alternatively if anyone has one of these and can tell me how it attaches it might help

Thanks very much
IanB

Last edited:

MikeW-71

Veteran
The hanger should be attached by 2 small screws to the frame, right at the dropout. The derailleur then attaches to the hanger with one much larger bolt.

OP
OP
IBarrett

IBarrett

Über Member
Bugger!
Thanks for the lightening fast confirmation MikeW-71
I'll unpack it and check again. I might have to find/pinch one from somewhere which is going to be fun but at least thats better than finding out when that single little screw shears.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Your mech is attached with one bolt to the hanger. There should be a small screw on the rear of the mech - this adjusts how close the jockey wheels sit in relation to the cassette.

Top Bottom